Contractors

Wev_23

Is there anything on the union book that says anything about shifters being guaranteed 12 hrs if a contractor brings or outbound a load?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Not that I’m aware of but why would it? Contractors aren’t taking shifter work.

ManInBrown

Not that I’m aware of but why would it? Contractors aren’t taking shifter work.
Doesn’t matter what kind of work the contractors are doing. In the 177 during peak the first day a coyote pulls a load, everyone can max out everyday, until coyotes are done being utilized.

Now that being said, we’ve still been using them for months to pull sleeper loads. No idea why, but apprently in the great contract Hoffa got us, they are now allowed to pull sleeper loads in certain situations. We can’t max out now. We were told it’s not like peak.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Doesn’t matter what kind of work the contractors are doing. In the 177 during peak the first day a coyote pulls a load, everyone can max out everyday, until coyotes are done being utilized.

Now that being said, we’ve still been using them for months to pull sleeper loads. No idea why, but apprently in the great contract Hoffa got us, they are now allowed to pull sleeper loads in certain situations. We can’t max out now. We were told it’s not like peak.
Yeah? We’ve had shiny wheels on the yard for over 2 years, year round. Buddy of mine argued with dispatch to get his 14 and they said “they are taking loads you can’t take (long haul) so they aren’t taking your work. Go home.”

trickpony1

Yeah? We’ve had shiny wheels on the yard for over 2 years, year round. Buddy of mine argued with dispatch to get his 14 and they said “they are taking loads you can’t take (long haul) so they aren’t taking your work. Go home.”
Translation:
Management is too lazy to set up meet points.