Covid pay if one tests Positive?

Aquaman

I caught the virus as well. They took all 5 of my sick days and a week of vacation. Anything passed that I needed would have been short term disability. Thankfully I came back after the 2 weeks.

AB831

I caught the virus as well. They took all 5 of my sick days and a week of vacation. Anything passed that I needed would have been short term disability. Thankfully I came back after the 2 weeks.
Wow. So trying to fight off a deadly virus is the same as drinking margaritas on a beach to Fat Freddy. What a great company.

Aquaman

Wow. So trying to fight off a deadly virus is the same as drinking margaritas on a beach to Fat Freddy. What a great company.
Ya we’ve got “heroes work here” signs out in front of the building. But they can’t pay us for catching the pandemic.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Ya we’ve got “heroes work here” signs out in front of the building. But they can’t pay us for catching the pandemic.
You ingrate. If they paid you for catching the virus, everyone would catch it on purpose! After all, the company is just protecting itself from players who game the system. Sheesh.

AB831

Wow. I’ve only seen that sign in front of hospitals and nursing homes. It seems kind of disrespectful to horn in on their valor, but FredEx has an inferiority complex with UPS and Amazon, so it makes sense that they’d feel threatened by doctors receiving praise over them.

bacha29

It’ll be okay, little boy. Sorry for not recognizing your FedEx legend status. I’ll be nicer to your fragile little ego from now on. Promise.
Spot on. You wouldn't want his mother to come up there and do some rectal reconstruction on you. And I've been told that she's not gentile about it either.

Aquaman

You ingrate. If they paid you for catching the virus, everyone would catch it on purpose! After all, the company is just protecting itself from players who game the system. Sheesh.
If only those 2 weeks off were enjoyable. People are definitely abusing it. We’ve had multiple guys at my station go out for 2 weeks because their wife supposedly has it. Or their kid has it. Convenient way to get off work 2 weeks during blacked out peak.

falcon back

Wow. I’ve only seen that sign in front of hospitals and nursing homes. It seems kind of disrespectful to horn in on their valor, but FredEx has an inferiority complex with UPS and Amazon, so it makes sense that they’d feel threatened by doctors receiving praise over them.
Still obsessed with the company you quit several weeks ago. Looks like your new gig is not giving you any satisfaction so you hang out here for attention.

DeliveryException

A manager said today that if you "self quarantine" because a family member has covid-19 then they use your sick days/vacation/what have you, but if you have covid-19 then they will pay minimums. Not sure what happens if you get it after you self quarantine.