Coyotes stealing our loads !!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Just keep having your shifters snap pictures of your loads going out.....if the union isn't doing something about it then something isn't right....most BA's would be all over this ...

bbsam

Staff member
Just keep having your shifters snap pictures of your loads going out.....if the union isn't doing something about it then something isn't right....most BA's would be all over this ...
Why? They could grieve it but peak will be long over before anything happens. If it is grieved and somethingredients comes of it for next year, won't the company's will just be codified in the next contract ?

gorilla75jdw

I am a shifter , and I am filing daily .
And we get paid on the grievances, but it still doesn't stop it from happening.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
How are you filing these? Our BA told a member he can go work in the building if he wants his hours. I'm glad this is his last month in office!

This is a driver on the Q list with no bid run.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Pension contributions are not part of the grievance settlement.

It can be. You have to ask for it, in your grievance.

Simply stating you want paid for "time lost", will get you.... just that.

The best verbiage to use would be;

"Asking to be made whole, for any and all losses. Including wages, Health and Welfare, and

Pension contributions
."

-Bug-

gorilla75jdw

How are you filing these? Our BA told a member he can go work in the building if he wants his hours. I'm glad this is his last month in office!

This is a driver on the Q list with no bid run.
This is the verbiage we use .

Attachments

• 1480946928588.jpg
    1480946928588.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 173
  • 1480946940877.jpg
    1480946940877.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 140

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
But no feeder guys should be laid off if coyotes are pulling our loads .... That s would never happen here.... Guaranteed!!!!!!

It doesn't happen here. Feeder drivers either pull empties or they just pay them to sit at home since they are using shiny wheels.

Like I said, it makes good business sense. Keep the shiny wheels working now and they will stick around for the whole peak.

Just make sure to pay any laid off feeder driver.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It doesn't happen here. Feeder drivers either pull empties or they just pay them to sit at home since they are using shiny wheels.

Like I said, it makes good business sense. Keep the shiny wheels working now and they will stick around for the whole peak.

Just make sure to pay any laid off feeder driver.

It makes good business sense to pay someone $35/hr for 40 hours to not work? Obviously you are not paying the bills.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It makes good business sense to pay someone $35/hr for 40 hours to not work? Obviously you are not paying the bills.

If you do not give the shiny wheels work now, they will not be here in a week or two when they are really needed and UPS will be screwed.

So yes, it makes good business sense to give the shiny wheels a month of work to keep them around even if it means paying a few UPS employees to sit at home.

You must have failed Business 101.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Business 101 would dictate that you sign a contract with the seasonals for guaranteed work for a specified time period.

Which is what they did. Guaranteed then 4 weeks of work.

Before the rush hits, that means that a few UPS employees are laid off right now. You know, Business 101. Make good on your contract.

So pay the few at home to honor your contract and get everything moved this peak.

muthatrucka

Which is what they did. Guaranteed then 4 weeks of work.

Before the rush hits, that means that a few UPS employees are laid off right now. You know, Business 101. Make good on your contract.

So pay the few at home to honor your contract and get everything moved this peak.

Before the rush hits? Man, we are working 6 days a week here and they are talking about working the Monday after Christmas even though it's an observed holiday. I think the rush is here. Christmas sneaks up on the company every year.