Crony Capitalism and Using The State to Cheat Your Customers

wkmac

45c93f0af9679baef4a2f8acb744f4bb_download-nicolas-cage-nicolas-cage-meme-you-dont-say_500-280.jpeg

I didn't, he did.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
no way. don't let them board first. Let the last four guys that get in line get bumped. penalize the late comers instead.
You're issued a zone, it isn't a free for all. You can check in 24 hours before hand and sleep at the gate, it doesn't mean you board first.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
no way. don't let them board first. Let the last four guys that get in line get bumped. penalize the late comers instead.
I buy my tickets in advance and get to the gate at least 30 minutes prior to departure.
I check in usually before I get to the airport.
I don't necessarily board until the last minute if it is a day trip.

So, while your method is reasonable, I don't know if it syncs up with the frequent business flyer which is the bread and butter of the airlines.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I buy my tickets in advance and get to the gate at least 30 minutes prior to departure.
I check in usually before I get to the airport.
I don't necessarily board until the last minute if it is a day trip.

So, while your method is reasonable, I don't know if it syncs up with the frequent business flyer which is the bread and butter of the airlines.
If you have any status on an airline you're going to board first anyways. I'm Delta Gold Medallion, so I'm always zone 1.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If you have any status on an airline you're going to board first anyways. I'm Delta Gold Medallion, so I'm always zone 1.
I usually use assistance needed in boarding now so I'm on there with the 1st Class people.
I don't buy the cheapest seats either ... Delta has a Comfort+ for about $30 more each way.
And I get early boarding as well.
Even when I was on UPS business, I would pay the extra money out of my pocket to get preferred seating/boarding.
Especially on Red Eyes back to Atlanta from the West Coast.
I used points to upgrade on those flights ... sleep all the way to Atlanta arriving around 5 a.m.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I usually use assistance needed in boarding now so I'm on there with the 1st Class people.
I don't buy the cheapest seats either ... Delta has a Comfort+ for about $30 more each way.
And I get early boarding as well.
Even when I was on UPS business, I would pay the extra money out of my pocket to get preferred seating/boarding.
Especially on Red Eyes back to Atlanta from the West Coast.
I used points to upgrade on those flights ... sleep all the way to Atlanta arriving around 5 a.m.
I wouldn't use miles for company stuff. That's all for my own enjoyment. It's where the Gold status comes in handy, I'm always on the upgrade list. Usually can get it depending on where I'm going.

My stepdad is Diamond Medallion, they pick him up in a Porsche at the gate in Atlanta and Detroit and bring him to his next flight. I don't think he's seen the inside of the terminal in 5 years.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I wouldn't use miles for company stuff. That's all for my own enjoyment. It's where the Gold status comes in handy, I'm always on the upgrade list. Usually can get it depending on where I'm going.

My stepdad is Diamond Medallion, they pick him up in a Porsche at the gate in Atlanta and Detroit and bring him to his next flight. I don't think he's seen the inside of the terminal in 5 years.
I have 850 thousand miles ... I did not quite get to Million Miler status.
That use to be a big deal ... I don't know if it is anymore.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I usually had a 7:30 tte time at the golf course when I got home so in a way, it was for my benefit.
I worked 10 days on and 4 off for a year and a half back in 96-97 working on a project out in Seattle.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
My stepdad crossed 3 million last year and they gave him Gold status for life, like 12 international upgrades, and I believe 5 years of the SkyClub for free. It's a cool achievement to reach, but it sucks when you think about how many flights that involves

Turdferguson

Just a turd
They had the right to throw him off the plane. I agree with what they did, but not how they did it.
Just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean you should do it. That could have been handled so many different ways than it was. Offer more money for someone to give up their seat and you would have had more takers. If they had offered 1500 for some one (sic)* for @Monkey Butt * would have taken that deal. It seems though that big Companies no longer look at the big picture and take the fast, easy route out ,and it bites them in the butt every time. They will lose millions over saving a couple hundred more dollars at the time