Darker Side to LEO?

MassWineGuy

Can any management types please chime in about what abilities, if any, LEO has that mere couriers aren’t meant to know about? Knowing the company, there must be something.

falcon back

Falcon, you must either be a manager or have a lot of money invested in FedEx.
We’re watching you.
I retired awhile back and sold my stock and haven't even started drawing a pension yet, so you would be incorrect. You must be a newbie because my manager showed me 3 years ago how the GPS on the pad shows your every move. It looks like an Etch A Sketch. Lines drawing all over the screen, where you were, what time it was and where you went next. That starts the minute you leave the building and ends when you return.

Star B

White Lightening
My buddy found a way to watch YouTube videos on it.
for the love of god, have your buddy quit that :censored2:.

I like the ability to self-research on the road by getting onto the intranet/the internet and doing a quick search instead of having to pester an already overworked dispatch center.

AB831

for the love of god, have your buddy quit that *.

I like the ability to self-research on the road by getting onto the intranet/the internet and doing a quick search instead of having to pester an already overworked dispatch center.
He told me he was watching Looney Tunes.

MassWineGuy

I retired awhile back and sold my stock and haven't even started drawing a pension yet, so you would be incorrect. You must be a newbie because my manager showed me 3 years ago how the GPS on the pad shows your every move. It looks like an Etch A Sketch. Lines drawing all over the screen, where you were, what time it was and where you went next. That starts the minute you leave the building and ends when you return.
Thrilled to hear this. I’ve been at it for 6 1/2 years, so not quite new.

Star B

White Lightening
There isn't anything particularly nefarious to the LEO. It's a hardware refresh.

The old PPads were running Windows Mobile. something that's been end of life for at least 5-10 years. Android is easier to find cheap suc... qualified programmers to work on it Additionally, the cellular modems are all 3G HSPA/UMTS, something that AT&T is getting rid of this year, if I remember correctly.

It was time for them to go.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Frontline died when Gina Young left as far as I'm concerned.

Just as well. All it is one of the upper crust asking you to do more work so they can be more profitable at your expense.
Did you see the talk about her on Facebook last week. Apparently she is retired and doing very well. I’m happy for her.