Difference between Vacation and Option week?

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist
Is there one? This is what my upsers shows. I am not sure how to interpret. I was told I would get one week of vacation after my one year. I am a part time. Not sure what the option week is?

Time-Off Type
Available Time
Vacation20.0Hours
Sick Time0.0Hours
Option Week25.0Hours

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Is there one? This is what my upsers shows. I am not sure how to interpret. I was told I would get one week of vacation after my one year. I am a part time. Not sure what the option week is?

Time-Off Type
Available Time
Vacation20.0Hours
Sick Time0.0Hours
Option Week25.0Hours
A week or have the option of working or taking off.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Option week is a week of vacation. You have the option to work that week and get paid out for 25hrs or stay home. Either way you get paid 25hrs. Some money hungry people want to work that week. I do not.

Ghost in the Darkness

5 optional days and 5 sick days here. I didn't use any optional days this year so I asked for a week to use all 5. Contract says they are biddable after vacations are all picked but they had me fill out the optional day request paperwork instead. It was approved so I didn't bother pressing the issue. Sick and optional days are paid at 8 hrs (FT) and so an optional or sick week is 40 hrs... as opposed to vacation week which are 45 hrs. Time is more valuable to me than money... I use up all my days every year.
The way it is here if you run out of sick days your optionals can be used as sick days. So use leverage against those sups that want to deny every request.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Time-Off Type
Available Time
Vacation20.0Hours
Sick Time0.0Hours
Option Week25.0Hours

Looks like about 5 hours

DriverNerd

We get 45 regular/50 option for FT, 20 regular/25 option for PT. FT can split their option week into individual days. Two personal days for both PT and FT paid at 4 and 8 hours respectively. We get no sick pay.

DriverNerd

I was told I would get one week of vacation after my one year. I am a part time.
You need to look at your local supplement to determine your numbers of vacation.

In the central ours looks like this:
All employees who meet the eligibility rules herein set forth shall be entitled to a vacation with pay as follows:
One (1) Year ................................. One (1) Week
Two (2) Years ............................... Two (2) Weeks
Eight (8) Years ............................. Three (3) Weeks
Fifteen (15) Years ........................ Four (4) Weeks
Twenty (20) Years ........................ Five (5) Weeks
Twenty-five (25) Years ................. Six (6) Weeks

In addition to the above schedule, any seniority employee having completed his/her eligibility year shall receive one (1) additional week of vacation with fifty (50) straight-time hours’ pay January 1st of each year. Part-time employees shall receive twenty-five (25) hours for said week. (Note: This week of vacation is in lieu of previously negotiated optional holidays and sick days.)

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist
You need to look at your local supplement to determine your numbers of vacation.

All employees who meet the eligibility rules herein set forth shall be entitled to a vacation with pay as follows:

In addition to the above schedule, any seniority employee having completed his/her eligibility year shall receive one (1) additional week of vacation with fifty (50) straight-time hours’ pay January 1st of each year. Part-time employees shall receive twenty-five (25) hours for said week. (Note: This week of vacation is in lieu of previously negotiated optional holidays and sick days.)
Thanks Nerd. I am central as well! I have always heard one week...so I was confused by the 25 extra hours. I appreciate this and need to get a copy of our supplement.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger

Time-Off Type
Available Time
Vacation20.0Hours
Sick Time0.0Hours
Option Week25.0Hours
I would ask your supervisor. Mine says I’m negative on vacation when really I have like 5 weeks.

BrownGang

What if I pick vacation this week with 7.6 years? Do I get an additional vacation when my seniority date reaches 8 years in April?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
What if I pick vacation this week with 7.6 years? Do I get an additional vacation when my seniority date reaches 8 years in April?
Not here. You get an additional week at 1 year, 5 years, 10 years, 15 years, 20 years and 25 years.