Displaced off route

DRporch

So currently I’m being displaced off my route and they are claiming they are “training” on it.
If my route consist of having certain qualifications to be able to do it can it be considered a route they can use to train on?

in short a seasonal is doing my route and I’m thrown on a residential route.
I’m in the Central region

rod

Retired 23 years
The will do ANYTHING they think they can get away with and sometimes getting away with it isn't even a requirement to them. Check with your Steward

542thruNthru

So currently I’m being displaced off my route and they are claiming they are “training” on it.
If my route consist of having certain qualifications to be able to do it can it be considered a route they can use to train on?

Is your route a designated training route. If not file.
sketch-1607038541870.jpg

ManInBrown

Had to have been designated a training route while it was vacant. They can’t just randomly tell you that your route is now a training route. Has to be vacant, and posted as a training route, so whoever decides to take it, knows what they are signing up for. Thats how it is in the 177.

DRporch

my route requires feeder certifications. It’s not a training route. I’m having a talk with union rep/ center manager tomorrow. If I decide to file what will happen?

my assumption is they will not hear it until after peak. By that time I’ll be back on my route anyways.

I assume they know by doing this they are wrong but know damn well that Even if I file they will get their way for peak

I’m a TDP driver and during peak we usually pull trailers all peak. This peak stuff is changing. Currently I’m the most senior TDP and the coverage junior employee is the guy who’s doing that work that I am supposed to do.

generally during peak I do all trailer work and a seasonal does my non trailer work on my designated route. This peak that was the plan. Called in Monday/Tuesday with an ear infection with led to hearing loss. and I walk in Wednesday to the junior employee doing my trailer work and a seasonal guy on my route. While I’m on some random residential route.

no matter the outcome I intend on filing if they won’t make it right tomorrow

DRporch

Does the TDP work make more an hour or work more hours? You could maybe file for that pay also.
Sadly no. But feeder steward here said any TDP work goes by seniority not whoever they want to give it to.

my BA also said they can’t displace me off my route.

my case seems pretty strong they displaced me when they shouldn’t. And are giving work to a junior employee when they shouldn’t. It’s very clear I’m being punished for calling in

542thruNthru

Sadly no. But feeder steward here said any TDP work goes by seniority not whoever they want to give it to.

my BA also said they can’t displace me off my route.

my case seems pretty strong they displaced me when they shouldn’t. And are giving work to a junior employee when they shouldn’t. It’s very clear I’m being punished for calling in
Hopefully you can find some way to attach monetary penalty to it. Teach them a lesson.

DRporch

Hopefully you can find some way to attach monetary penalty to it. Teach them a lesson.
I was thinking either. I can burn the route up and file a grievance on all overtime the junior employee is getting. Or just follow the methods to a T and let them bail me out everyday.

I think my first option is wishful since it’s peak and I don’t expect they’d let me slide in without helping after burning the route up

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
my route requires feeder certifications. It’s not a training route. I’m having a talk with union rep/ center manager tomorrow. If I decide to file what will happen?

my assumption is they will not hear it until after peak. By that time I’ll be back on my route anyways.

I assume they know by doing this they are wrong but know damn well that Even if I file they will get their way for peak

I’m a TDP driver and during peak we usually pull trailers all peak. This peak stuff is changing. Currently I’m the most senior TDP and the coverage junior employee is the guy who’s doing that work that I am supposed to do.

generally during peak I do all trailer work and a seasonal does my non trailer work on my designated route. This peak that was the plan. Called in Monday/Tuesday with an ear infection with led to hearing loss. and I walk in Wednesday to the junior employee doing my trailer work and a seasonal guy on my route. While I’m on some random residential route.

no matter the outcome I intend on filing if they won’t make it right tomorrow
if you know for a fact what they are doing is WRONG, just start treating your sup like a wrong doer. refer to him as : wrong doer, lier, tell him he has no integrity or character. nail their pride.

also, file.

GenericUsername

Pretty sure you get a penalty pay for each day they have you off your route. Just keep filing on it. I'm sure your BA/Steward can give you the article.

Also, drop anchor on the resi route and enjoy your day. :)

DRporch

Pretty sure you get a penalty pay for each day they have you off your route. Just keep filing on it. I'm sure your BA/Steward can give you the article.

Also, drop anchor on the resi route and enjoy your day. :)
I decided to go the other route while my BA fights it. Finished in under 8 today. I’ll get my guaranteed 8 and file for the hours I should be getting on my route