Do you have more in credit debt than retirement?

Over70irregs

37% of Americans owe more on credit cards than they have in their retirements savings, Ramsey survey says​

Babagounj

Strength through joy
First off, my 401K is huge.
I'll never live long enough to spend it all.
I pay off my credit cards in full every month.
So I'll never be in such a situation as this fluff piece story suggests.

You always have a house payment...AJA TAXES

Unfortunately you always have some kind of a car payment even if it's not going to the bank.

If you buy a new car you got the monthly payment if you keep a car too long you have high maintenance bills.

With that being said you don't need as much money you want to think in your 401k if you don't owe anybody anymore.

I keep reading all these articles that you need 1.4 million dollars in retirement to retire comfortably

That's not including people would have a pension like us.

oldngray

nowhere special
You always have a house payment...AJA TAXES

Unfortunately you always have some kind of a car payment even if it's not going to the bank.

If you buy a new car you got the monthly payment if you keep a car too long you have high maintenance bills.

With that being said you don't need as much money you want to think in your 401k if you don't owe anybody anymore.

I keep reading all these articles that you need 1.4 million dollars in retirement to retire comfortably

That's not including people would have a pension like us.
You will always have taxes and insurance but that isn't counted as debt.

With even a partial pension you won't need a million in savings when you retire. Its all about not wasting money. You can set aside some for mad money but don't go crazy buying a lot of crap you don't need.

You will always have taxes and insurance but that isn't counted as debt.

With even a partial pension you won't need a million in savings when you retire. Its all about not wasting money. You can set aside some for mad money but don't go crazy buying a lot of crap you don't need.
Unfortunately many of my coworkers live in fantasy land. I know you have been retired for a few years now but I can guarantee you your pension check does not cover what it used to.

That's why I try to tell these guys. 20 years ago was making half as much as we are now but we was still living pretty good.
20 years from now what you're getting in your pension is not going to be worth what you think it is.
That's why it's very important to save some money on the side especially in a Roth.

oldngray

nowhere special
Unfortunately many of my coworkers live in fantasy land. I know you have been retired for a few years now but I can guarantee you your pension check does not cover what it used to.

That's why I try to tell these guys. 20 years ago was making half as much as we are now but we was still living pretty good.
20 years from now what you're getting in your pension is not going to be worth what you think it is.
That's why it's very important to save some money on the side especially in a Roth.
High inflation is a killer for defined pensions.

... thank you Biden.