Do you have more in credit debt than retirement?

High inflation is a killer for defined pensions.

... thank you Biden.
That's why I need to save your own money and the retirement plan so you can give yourself a raise.

Seriously want to talk to somebody's guys at work it's unbelievable how little knowledge they have about anything when it comes to retirement

They think $100,000 in your 401k is going to last in my lifetime....

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I have the luxury of being able to support myself just on my pension.
Simple living is the key.
My 401K withdrawals are my mad money.
Once I start SS, my income will almost double.

The only thing I'm concern with is to not have too much income so that my medicare costs rises.

The only thing I'm concern with is to not have too much income so that my medicare costs rises.
I've read up a lot on that and it also has a 2-year look back on your income.
Bought them telling you what to do but you might want to take a little bit money out now and put it in a taxable account to see a good plastic with a large rmd later on.

oldngray

nowhere special

I forgot about the hit on Medicare. I should have started taking distributions from my IRA even though I don't need the money yet. I am doing it this year. For this year it jumps if your income is over $103,000 I think. The sweet spot is after you retire and before you start taking Social Security.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I forgot about the hit on Medicare. I should have started taking distributions from my IRA even though I don't need the money yet. I am doing it this year. For this year it jumps if your income is over $103,000 I think. The sweet spot is after you retire and before you start taking Social Security.
Medicare decided a couple of years ago to double my monthly amount because a certain new drug was being added to their approved list of medications. After they made that increase , the drug maker really lowered their price, but my payments stayed doubled for the year.
One must be prepared for changes in one's medicare costs.
Nothing is constant.

Medicare decided a couple of years ago to double my monthly amount because a certain new drug was being added to their approved list of medications. After they made that increase , the drug maker really lowered their price, but my payments stayed doubled for the year.
One must be prepared for changes in one's medicare costs.
Nothing is constant.
Are you married?

oldngray

nowhere special
Are you proposing ?
wink gay.gif

newfie

37% of Americans owe more on credit cards than they have in their retirements savings, Ramsey survey says​

americans have drained their savings and loaded up on credit card debt the past three years to deal with the inflation expenses.
this is not unique to retiree's

newfie

I think this for us is bigger than the election. This is a personal issue ignored and covered up consuming MSM
i would think the election is exactly about the economic squeeze the last 4 years have put on america.
or put another way how can the election not be about this?

rod

Retired 23 years
I've NEVER paid a dimes worth of interest on a credit card. Ours are paid of automatically EVERY month.