Fair and Balanced News

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I just said it was from a Latin translation. Being swept away is just translated differently in different languages. Obviously it was not originally written in Latin. It wasn't originally written in English either.
And not originally in the language that Jesus spoke.

The Bible KJV is rife with non-idiomatic mistranslations.

053feef5a5e3b5767442935abb94ba3fdd68a5-v5-wm.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
Please use it in a passage.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 is where it is taken from.

There are other passages that support that doctrine also.

Its not something to get all worked up about though because its a gray area and not relevant to the core beliefs of the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. It won't matter whether you are right or wrong on the issue.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 is where it is taken from.

There are other passages that support that doctrine also.

Its not something to get all worked up about though because its a gray area and not relevant to the core beliefs of the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. It won't matter whether you are right or wrong on the issue.

Its where its taken from , but rapture is not there.
Do you see 2 comings or 1 in 1 Thess. 4: 16-18 ?
I find nothing in scripture that supports this doctrine.

Not worked up about it. I don't see it as a grey area at all. -- there is a danger though in believing that the Lord is going to return and set up a kingdom on the earth, it is in direct conflict with the New Testament teaching on the kingdom He established and is reining over now.

BC is the place to gripe about politics. Its tough to have a serious discussion on this forum that has eternal consequences .

oldngray

nowhere special
Its where its taken from , but rapture is not there.
Do you see 2 comings or 1 in 1 Thess. 4: 16-18 ?
I find nothing in scripture that supports this doctrine.

Not worked up about it. I don't see it as a grey area at all. -- there is a danger though in believing that the Lord is going to return and set up a kingdom on the earth, it is in direct conflict with the New Testament teaching on the kingdom He established and is reining over now.

BC is the place to gripe about politics. Its tough to have a serious discussion on this forum that has eternal consequences .

Its a question of whether the rapture is before the Second Coming or before it. Plus which interpretation of the Millennial Kingdom you believe in. There are several different scenarios with arguments to support each position.

BrownFlush

Its a question of whether the rapture is before the Second Coming or before it. Plus which interpretation of the Millennial Kingdom you believe in. There are several different scenarios with arguments to support each position.

Again, where is the scripture for a rapture taking place? Where the saints are just going to disappear and the rest are going to be waiting around till they all come back?? Is Paul talking about 1 or 2 comings? Serious question.
Looks like what Paul is talking about isn't going to be some secret event. Looks like everybody is going to see and hear Him coming.

oldngray

nowhere special
Again, where is the scripture for a rapture taking place? Where the saints are just going to disappear and the rest are going to be waiting around till they all come back?? Is Paul talking about 1 or 2 comings? Serious question.
Looks like what Paul is talking about isn't going to be some secret event. Looks like everybody is going to see and hear Him coming.
You could take study courses on the subject but its too much to get into in a couple of forum posts.

BrownFlush

I believe they are two different events and Scripture supports that view, but since the timing is unclear it could be combined into one event. I admit I could be wrong though.
When you have the time and scripture that supports that view, I'd like to have them. Does the BC have a private message thing? I don't even know.