Fired before retro check?

upschuck

back on august 1st ups and the teamsters made a agreement that they would implement a contract extension with all financial improvements retroactive. im sure this was a legal agreement on paper signed by both parties. not just a announcement on ups rising and tdu. that is why legally anyone working after aug 1st deserves and is entitled to that check for hours worked regardless if they were still working two weeks ago for whatever reason when it was finally ratified.
I don't know about you, but I've never gotten anything from any contract, that I didn't work under.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
back on august 1st ups and the teamsters made a agreement that they would implement a contract extension with all financial improvements retroactive. im sure this was a legal agreement on paper signed by both parties. not just a announcement on ups rising and tdu. that is why legally anyone working after aug 1st deserves and is entitled to that check for hours worked regardless if they were still working two weeks ago for whatever reason when it was finally ratified.

Again....

What would be the "enforcement mechanism" to compel the company to pay ?

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
hat would be the "enforcement mechanism" to compel the company to pay ?
i guess action from a labor lawyer with a copy of the contract extension and a employees paystubs. unless that extension agreement has fine print about the retroactive economic enhancements being eligible only to employees still employed when final ratification goes through. now whether or not the cost of a labor lawyer outweighs the check.....well

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
unless that extension agreement has fine print about the retroactive economic enhancements being eligible only to employees still employed when final ratification goes through.

It would need specific language stating non-employees are entitled.

And who would agree to that ? The company wouldn't, they hate the people

still working for them. :biggrin:

There is no motivation for the Union either.... as these people are no longer

paying dues.