Former UPS employee stole $1.3 million in Apple merchandise

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
We had a guy back in the 90's (tan man) that delivered to a computer warehouse. There was a self-storage unit

next door and he had a unit for "personal" things that he would visit every day. Turns out.... he was holding back

computer stuff and stashing it there. We he got caught, he had over 100k worth of stuff.

He and some chick were crack heads and living in some flea bag motel smoking all night.

I bet it was those 🐄 Dell’s, bulky CPU’s … we had a couple of security guards stealing them off at a counter decades ago. They finally figured it out when one of them purchased a new Harley, they were selling them at a local pawn shop.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
My old Customer Counter was in a separate building around the corner from the Centers.
Everything had to be loaded onto a PC and shuttled over in the AM.
Being understaffed, no one was available to log in what was actually on that AM PC.
People would arrive looking for their computers, which no one at the CC could find.
Took the company quite awhile to straighten it out, seems they accused everyone at the CC of being crooks.
They even hired rent-a-cops to follow some of us when we left the CC, for lunch or to cover an air pickup route.
Turns out the crooks were the one who loaded the PC.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
True Story.
Customers in other states complained that when they received their cellphones, charges had already been made.
A not so bright p/t who loaded the outbound feeders, would every night call his friends on a " borrowed" cell phone, which he "returned" before the feeder left.

Hot Carl

We had a guy back in the 90's (tan man) that delivered to a computer warehouse. There was a self-storage unit

next door and he had a unit for "personal" things that he would visit every day. Turns out.... he was holding back

computer stuff and stashing it there. We he got caught, he had over 100k worth of stuff.

He and some chick were crack heads and living in some flea bag motel smoking all night.
This predates my time here, but the old guys told me that once upon a time, there was a driver who had one of our mall routes and he’d started ripping off the jewelry store. They noticed a pattern in which packages were going missing, so they started planting ink bombs in them.

It worked.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Back in the early 80's, there was a p/t sup who was building a new house one state over.
Seems that he was furnishing it with items that he saw at work by switching labels.
It was the local PC driver who was curious why so much stuff was being sent to an empty address that caught him.

oldngray

nowhere special
Hey, Ned, can you “pencil” me in this weekend?
02fb71.gif