Gas Prices Skyrocketing Thanks Biden!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
10.3 million jobs and 8% of the US GDP. Tell us another QAnon tale.
I'll leave qanon to you part time janitors.
You certainly seem obsessed with it.
Then there's this:
Screenshot_20220325-100906_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220325-101022_Chrome.jpg

Stop drilling or go to jail.
That's nice.....

bbsam

Staff member
Democrats promise to destroy the fossil fuel industry. Why do you deny and deflect from that fact?
I don’t deflect from it. I don’t say anything about it. I have no idea if it’s true or not. If it is, all the more reason for oil companies to invest in renewable energy. It’s a smart business move either way.

bbsam

Staff member
@UnionStrong you keep disagreeing with me. So tell me. Why do you think FedEx, UPS, Amazon, oil companies, and every single auto maker invests billions upon billions of dollars into renewable energy? Do you believe it’s based on ever changing policy changes coming out of Washington? Are those investments short, 4 to 8 year investments?

No. Of course they aren’t.

Thebrownblob

@UnionStrong you keep disagreeing with me. So tell me. Why do you think FedEx, UPS, Amazon, oil companies, and every single auto maker invests billions upon billions of dollars into renewable energy? Do you believe it’s based on ever changing policy changes coming out of Washington? Are those investments short, 4 to 8 year investments?

They most certainly have much to do with policy as they get humongous incentives kickbacks and subsidies. Why do you think UPS switched to natural gas so heavily last few years? subsidies…

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

"Ever changing policy changes"
You mean the ever shifting towards authoritarian left wing radical anti fossil fuel policies?

You're right, the fossil fuel investments have a 10-20 year payoff. The past 10-20 year policies continue to be leftis anti fossil fuels. And the gas price reflects that. Thank you Democrats.

I agree with you, 4 years of Trump doesn't change the leftist direction winning out.

So we need more Republicans in office. Take that to the polls.

El Correcto

god is dead
I don’t deflect from it. I don’t say anything about it. I have no idea if it’s true or not. If it is, all the more reason for oil companies to invest in renewable energy. It’s a smart business move either way.
It’s true.
Oil companies still could be producing oil in the meantime. There is still heavy demand for oil as seen by Russia providing it to europe. We could be providing that.
Autarky is not a great system, but it is the best system around when it comes to war. You want strong production capabilities and being able to cut off world trade with out absolutely wrecking your country’s manufacturing capabilities.

Globalism is a huge boon for mankind, but it can also be exploited by bad actors like China and Russia who will invade and conquer their neighbors.

bbsam

Staff member
It’s true.
Oil companies still could be producing oil in the meantime. There is still heavy demand for oil as seen by Russia providing it to europe. We could be providing that.
Autarky is not a great system, but it is the best system around when it comes to war. You want strong production capabilities and being able to cut off world trade with out absolutely wrecking your country’s manufacturing capabilities.

Globalism is a huge boon for mankind, but it can also be exploited by bad actors like China and Russia who will invade and conquer their neighbors.
Oil companies are producing oil. Lots of it.

bbsam

Staff member
Do we know what the projected production in the chart is based on?
That’s the thing. It’s oil company expectations very little to do with politics. Unless oil peoducing countries like Saudi Arabia and Russia get into price wars as they did a couple years ago. That, of course was good for consumers and terrible for US oil companies.

bbsam

Staff member
If anyone is causing harm to vulnerable communities it's the idiots behind this administration's fossil fuel policies.
I’d recommend you download TikTok and watch videos by a dude named mrglobaltoo. He’s no lover of Biden but he is an oil executive and analyst who has an insightful view of the oil and gas industry as it pertains to the global economy. He will tell you that your current view has merits but it a flawed if you think Trump’s policies didn’t help usher us into the situation we’re in now.

vantexan

I’d recommend you download TikTok and watch videos by a dude named mrglobaltoo. He’s no lover of Biden but he is an oil executive and analyst who has an insightful view of the oil and gas industry as it pertains to the global economy. He will tell you that your current view has merits but it a flawed if you think Trump’s policies didn’t help usher us into the situation we’re in now.
What I do know is in the first few days of his presidency Biden completely reversed Trump's policies and we've gone downhill ever since. I'm sure you recall that Obama had fairly high gas prices too which contributed to the stagflation we experienced during his terms. Trump turned the industry loose and we benefited. Biden reversed and we're sufferring. If y'all are genuinely sincere about improving prices then go back to what Trump did and let's see if things improve. Until then anything a Democrat posts, especially if it lays the blame on Trump, is about trying to survive the midterms.

Box Ox

Do we know what the projected production in the chart is based on?
That’s the thing. It’s oil company expectations

Are the oil companies reporting their projected outputs to Axios? If they're not, where is Axios getting the projections from? Someone with their own interests? Honestly curious. I'm just seeing a chart with a squiggly line drawn. Worried @rickyb might have put it together.

rickyb

Are the oil companies reporting their projected outputs to Axios? If they're not, where is Axios getting the projections from? Someone with their own interests? Honestly curious. I'm just seeing a chart with a squiggly line drawn. Worried @rickyb might have put it together.
richard wolff quotes axios all the time