Has Express and Ground already merged with Last Mile Optimization?

fedx

Extra Large Package
Is it just a matter of time before that becomes the realization? And if so, does that open up the door for a union? FedEx is skirting around that Railroad Act by pretending to be an airline, but with them using Ground to finish their deliveries, doesn't that make them more of a trucking company now? I think it's just a matter of time before they lose that airline protection they have and it opens up the floodgates for a union-hopefully.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
As long as Fred greases his political buddies he seems to keep his mock airline status keeping X in the RLA where it doesn’t belong even more so today with Ground being involved. Maybe once these crooked politicians get voted out and Fred gets more decrepit and senile the chances of NLRB status will greatly improve.

AB831

In before dano says butz fedx is a ayrline.
Not that he had much credibility before, but since he argued with me about what state I live in, I realize he’s nothing more than a blowhard who thinks he’s intelligent. But you’re right. He’ll be here claiming legal expertise.

HedleyLamarr

It will be a slow bleed. Ground takes a little more every year until Express is basically dissolved into Ground. And the Ground trucks will no longer say "FedEx Ground", they will just say "FedEx". It may take a decade, but it will happen.

When you have all the money in the world and can hire a massive team of lawyers, you can do just about anything.

It will be fine

Is it just a matter of time before that becomes the realization? And if so, does that open up the door for a union? FedEx is skirting around that Railroad Act by pretending to be an airline, but with them using Ground to finish their deliveries, doesn't that make them more of a trucking company now? I think it's just a matter of time before they lose that airline protection they have and it opens up the floodgates for a union-hopefully.
How does contracting out their trucking operation make a company more of a trucking company?

bacha29

Fat Freddy simply does not care about how poorly his cobbled together pile of acquired companies perform either individually or collectively just as long as they remain nonunion regardless of the number of bodies he burns through.

If you want people to be vigilant, responsible and cognizant of the employer's needs you have to give them something to look forward to in terms of a future. If you don't want to fine, but then just keep your mouth shut and take what you can get from the continuous procession of people marching in and out of your company.

In time not if but when there are more people marching out the door than there are marching in remember.........you brought this on yourself.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Fat Freddy simply does not care about how poorly his cobbled together pile of acquired companies perform either individually or collectively just as long as they remain nonunion regardless of the number of bodies he burns through.

If you want people to be vigilant, responsible and cognizant of the employer's needs you have to give them something to look forward to in terms of a future. If you don't want to fine, but then just keep your mouth shut and take what you can get from the continuous procession of people marching in and out of your company.

In time not if but when there are more people marching out the door than there are marching in remember.........you brought this on yourself.
Yeah, Fred seems to think that he can keep taking and taking and not put anything back in and it’ll always work out in his favor. Got news for him, karma is one fickle bitch.

fedx

Extra Large Package
How does contracting out their trucking operation make a company more of a trucking company?

Because Ground is a trucking company and not an airline like Express. If you're farming out your deliveries to a trucking company, doesn't that take away your exemption as an airline? Express is becoming a trucking company by proxy by using a trucking company to finish their deliveries.

It will be fine

Because Ground is a trucking company and not an airline like Express. If you're farming out your deliveries to a trucking company, doesn't that take away your exemption as an airline? Express is becoming a trucking company by proxy by using a trucking company to finish their deliveries.
No. That’s incorrect and very bizarre “logic.” It also doesn’t matter. How many Ground terminals have the teamsters organized? Everyone working inside is free to vote in a union anytime. The teamsters don’t even try. They tried Freight and failed miserably. There is no appetite to try to organize Express.

fedx

Extra Large Package
No. That’s incorrect and very bizarre “logic.” It also doesn’t matter. How many Ground terminals have the teamsters organized? Everyone working inside is free to vote in a union anytime. The teamsters don’t even try. They tried Freight and failed miserably. There is no appetite to try to organize Express.

No actually you're incorrect and yours is very bizarre logic. You saying "How does contracting out their trucking operation make a company more of a trucking company?" That's not what I said and that's not what I meant. Who said Express is a trucking operation? I know I didn't. Very twisting and bizarre on your part. Maybe you think Express is a trucking operation, but it isn't. Also, I'm not talking about Ground unionizing, I'm talking about Express unionizing because they are no longer protected as an airline. What a bizarre, deceitful way to try to twist what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

It will be fine

No actually you're incorrect and yours is very bizarre logic. You saying "How does contracting out their trucking operation make a company more of a trucking company?" That's not what I said and that's not what I meant. Who said Express is a trucking operation? I'm not talking about Ground unionizing, I'm talking about Express unionizing because they are no longer protected as an airline. What a bizarre, deceitful way to try to twist what I'm talking about.
Very clear. Lulz

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Because Ground is a trucking company and not an airline like Express. If you're farming out your deliveries to a trucking company, doesn't that take away your exemption as an airline?

Nope, FXE is still using airplanes and airports to shuttle the parcels around (along with usps priority stuff as well?)

We used to contract out the iCs /iregs to FedEx freight for quite a few months. But they're not here for August... the calm before the storm, it seems.

As for express savers, it's just a few here and there.

What FXG is slipping on occasion is when they get the 999 designation and it bounces around the system past it's expected 2-day date on the label, because no one knows who's route it belongs to.

As a cleanup driver, if it's on my van line, I'll ask a few bid drivers if they know... if not, I'm going to deliver that on time or early.

I'm telling them now to ramp up hirings before amazon and ups gets the peak season drivers.

They're already planning on more rentals as well before the competition reserves them.

Star V Scanners, though, and extra batteries and chargers is a dilemma. Since covid peak never let up, they extended the star 4 ones until July. ..

Then some drivers had to hand sheet their stops, which is a major pita, since payroll drops the ball from not keeping track of each driver's stop count.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Not that he had much credibility before, but since he argued with me about what state I live in, I realize he’s nothing more than a blowhard who thinks he’s intelligent. But you’re right. He’ll be here claiming legal expertise.

Don't have to be a legal expert to look at case after case after case after case and precedent after precedent after precedent and detailed explanation after detailed explanation after detailed explanation over the course of 40+ years to understand what the law is. The court system and the two federal labor management agencies have made great efforts to explain it. I'm not sure what more you expect. Might as well argue that Blake Bortles is better than Tom Brady.

It will be fine

Don't have to be a legal expert to look at case after case after case after case and precedent after precedent after precedent and detailed explanation after detailed explanation after detailed explanation over the course of 40+ years to understand what the law is. The court system and the two federal labor management agencies have made great efforts to explain it. I'm not sure what more you expect. Might as well argue that Blake Bortles is better than Tom Brady.
EB30FE83-FEF8-45FD-8317-51215AE47A9C.jpeg

It will be fine

I can't make too much fun of him. My biggest sports bet ever was because there was this idea in early 2018 that he was going to be a big deal and Jags fans had driven the moneylines and point spreads to the moon, defying all logic.
Was that the year the Jags defense got them into the playoffs?
The photo and your comment just made me think of Jason Mendoza making the arguments for a union at Express. If you’re familiar with The Good Place.