Headaches Ahead, glad they sell Ibuprofen

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
U still need a driver to get those parcels to those "access points"

the parcels don't get teleported out of my truck when a customer clicks that option on the website or calls in that 800 #... yet
One driver delivering 50 packages to 1 stop goes a hell of a lot faster than delivering 1 packages to 50 stops.

Smh ain't that hard to see the plan.

rod

Retired 23 years
With all the porch pirates now days I guess its an option but its still taking work away. Whats next -- everything picked up at UPS and no package drivers?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Thank goodness my rural route customers want their stuff delivered to their homes... I'm also delivering a bunch of USPS stuff too in my rental truck

SmithBarney

With all the porch pirates now days I guess its an option but its still taking work away. Whats next -- everything picked up at UPS and no package drivers?
Taking work away...maybe, you know how we all love going places 3 days in a row.. cause we have nothing else to do.

McFeely

Huge Member
Ugh, round here you cant get Walgreens to open the receiving door in less than 10 minutes...

I take mine inside the front door. Head to pharmacy for their deliveries with the non-pharma deliveries tucked under my arm. Look for the manager on my walk back thru the store and tell him I have a stuff for him as well. 2 stops, 1 trip. Boom.

Nolimitz

Wont take stuff up front here. And try that with 50-75 pieces for a stupid access point and it will be the last time they take anything upfront...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ugh, round here you cant get Walgreens to open the receiving door in less than 10 minutes...
I had a Walgreens that was terrible about this. I would go around front and they would chew my ass. Finally I said I'll give you 2 minutes to come to the door or I'm leaving a note and getting out of here.

Left a couple notes and boom they were there quick as can be from then on.

rod

Retired 23 years
Taking work away...maybe, you know how we all love going places 3 days in a row.. cause we have nothing else to do.

You get paid by the hour. I hated going back to places again and again also but look at it this way. If you free up some time because you aren't making 2nd and 3rd attempts-UPS will find a way to fill that time by hiring less and giving you more stops. A UPS driver is NEVER going to have a basic 9 to 5 job as some of you are dreaming of.

It will be fine

You get paid by the hour. I hated going back to places again and again also but look at it this way. If you free up some time because you aren't making 2nd and 3rd attempts-UPS will find a way to fill that time by hiring less and giving you more stops. A UPS driver is NEVER going to have a basic 9 to 5 job as some of you are dreaming of.
Might be because you're in the fedex forum.

It will be fine

Yet.... As more and more stops go to Walgreens what do you think will happen?
They've offered hold at location at Kinkos for years. It's never made a significant impact on any of my routes. Typically people wait for us to make a few attempts before redirecting it, so we're still making the stops. We just aren't getting paid for them.