Heads up letter from the Union about possible strike

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If the strike is about overtime, working Saturday's, or even having to contribute to health plans, what foot do we have to stand on? Those aren't considered problems anywhere else.
We don't work everywhere else.

I know I'm compensated well but ffs the goal isn't to bring ourselves down to what everyone else has.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
If the strike is about overtime, working Saturday's, or even having to contribute to health plans, what foot do we have to stand on? Those aren't considered problems anywhere else.

If you are worried about PR, maybe you guys should get on top of it now.

Brownslave688

So now with this whole Sean O/ Hoffa debacle. The contract may get voted down for no other reason than a big :censored2: you to Hoffa.

Last edited:

JL 0513

We don't work everywhere else.

I know I'm compensated well but ffs the goal isn't to bring ourselves down to what everyone else has.

I'm certainly not suggesting that. Thing is, we are so far ahead of competitive compensation for the work we do that any of these things we complain about are very minor to what many people deal with.

If the goal is to improve our lives, why would we financially destroy our lives by striking? The thought of it is so ludicrous. "Hey, I pull $100K /year, full health plan, pension, more vacation than most, but man I hate making $53/hr from 6 to 7:30pm". Strike-Strike-Strike!!!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Holy :censored2: even management gets it more than @JL 0513
IMG_5156.GIF

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'm certainly not suggesting that. Thing is, we are so far ahead of competitive compensation for the work we do that any of these things we complain about are very minor to what many people deal with.

If the goal is to improve our lives, why would we financially destroy our lives by striking? The thought of it is so ludicrous. "Hey, I pull $100K /year, full health plan, pension, more vacation than most, but man I hate making $53/hr from 6 to 7:30pm". Strike-Strike-Strike!!!
If you make it about pay you've already lost. You make it about home life. You put a picture of a sad kid on a sign that says "I never get to see daddy because he's always working" and you gain sympathy. Or something along those lines.

You're right, nobody is going to feel bad about the wage. But people will eat up the overworked idea.

JL 0513

If you make it about pay you've already lost. You make it about home life. You put a picture of a sad kid on a sign that says "I never get to see daddy because he's always working" and you gain sympathy. Or something along those lines.

You're right, nobody is going to feel bad about the wage. But people will eat up the overworked idea.

We are free to quit and get a common job where you work all day Saturday and Sunday. Oh wait, never mind.

Brownslave688

You're spinning everything exactly the way ups wants you to. SMH

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
We are free to quit and get a common job where you work all day Saturday and Sunday. Oh wait, never mind.
Hopefully you aren't a steward in your local. Why do you care what the doofus working at Pep Boys thinks about your wage? Time to grow a set and fight for what others before us did.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Look, Sonny, I admit to being retired. And, outside of peak, I never worked as many hours as you guys do now. I was able to get out when the getting was good. I do understand how stressful the job is now.

But, if you plan now, you will survive a strike. Yes, it will be tough for up to several months if customers leave, but they will be back. Don't worry about what others make or what they think. You have to stand up for what you have now and try to get a little more.

I was working for UPS in the early eighties when our pay scale was somewhat (I forget the number) less than national freight. Then, those guys started giving concessions every contract. We didn't, and UPS is still around and making record profits every year.

Man up and some day you may finally get your premium car.