How long does it usually take to get penalty pay?

UnionGuy

I have been doing driver helper and have not gotten paid for 3 weeks of helper work . For week 1, I told my fulltime and my manager. I then filed a grievance for Payday for week 1. Payday for week 2 comes by and I still didn't get paid, so I file another grievance after I told them I didn't get paid. Payday for week 3 and I didn't get paid again. I'm going to file a third grievance. I hope they atleast pay me for week 4. This is getting ridiculous. They owe me 78.72 hours.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have been doing driver helper and have not gotten paid for 3 weeks of helper work . For week 1, I told my fulltime and my manager. I then filed a grievance for Payday for week 1. Payday for week 2 comes by and I still didn't get paid, so I file another grievance after I told them I didn't get paid. Payday for week 3 and I didn't get paid again. I'm going to file a third grievance. I hope they atleast pay me for week 4. This is getting ridiculous. They owe me 78.72 hours.

Call your union hall talk to your Business agent and explain the situation

Package Stick

"Send it."
I would go right to the hall if I didn't get paid for 78 hours!!!

I've had a couple of hours not paid (they messed up my timecard), and I tell them to put it on the next check. If it's not on my next check I'll file.

Indecisi0n

Just keep filing and save all documents. Remember they have a “reasonable “ amount of time to correct it. This is normally understood as two weeks. After that you get paid each week as you file on top of what they own you.

542thruNthru

For every pay week they don't pay you your penalty pay gets bigger. I've seen guys go 3 months and then suddenly the Manager is begging them to settle the grievance with no penalty pay.

Sit back and enjoy knowing that your $78.72 is just getting bigger and bigger.

Gman33909

Each week they don't pay you, one gets half their guarantee pay each week so 1.5 hours paid extra each week for part time, 4 hours paid extra for full time.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

"All monetary grievance settlements shall be submitted by separate check payable to the grievant or grievant(s) and a copy of the same sent to the Local Union for their records. Such settlements shall be paid within ten (10) working days of the settlement. In addition, any monetary awards based on panel decisions will be made within ten (10) business days of receipt by the Company of the written panel decision."

You need to contact your Local Union BA.

Typically, most Local's don't hear grievances during December (except for discharges).

There is no reason why, you should not be at least paid for your hours worked until the grievance is heard.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
"All monetary grievance settlements shall be submitted by separate check payable to the grievant or grievant(s) and a copy of the same sent to the Local Union for their records. Such settlements shall be paid within ten (10) working days of the settlement. In addition, any monetary awards based on panel decisions will be made within ten (10) business days of receipt by the Company of the written panel decision."

You need to contact your Local Union BA.

Typically, most Local's don't hear grievances during December (except for discharges).

There is no reason why, you should not be at least paid for your hours worked until the grievance is heard.

-Bug-
....but if it isn't heard and the Company hasn't corrected the shortage, the clock is running if the grievant asked for penalty pay.

Let it ride.

~Bbbl~™

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

giphy (21).gif