I am Glad UPS is fighting back against Shippers

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Congratulations to UPS for finally growing a set and telling shippers like Newegg, Nike, GAP and others to pound sand.
If FEDEX would do the same, the consumer that shops online will realize shipping capacity is finite.

GenericUsername

I mean honestly, look at Macys. Our center picked up over 2,000 packages from one Macys location on black Friday. The driver doing the pickup spent over 4 hours doing it because of how poorly designed this location's back room is set up and their need to put it in a "secure" room that is always open. Macys has their own trucks and can easily ship to their own stores via their own trucks and have people pick up items at the store.

I mean honestly, look at Macys. Our center picked up over 2,000 packages from one Macys location on black Friday. The driver doing the pickup spent over 4 hours doing it because of how poorly designed this location's back room is set up and their need to put it in a "secure" room that is always open. Macys has their own trucks and can easily ship to their own stores via their own trucks and have people pick up items at the store.
So you would rather have less jobs and let the stores deliver their own stuff?

Seymour Packages

In its early days, this company made big gains when it crossed over into delivering for department stores in Seattle. Bring on as much work for as long as possible if it means more routes/money for the members.

ouanling

they could probably get around this by putting 1 order in 1 box or bag..

Most of my GAP/oldnavy deliveries are like 2-5 bags to the same person.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
In its early days, this company made big gains when it crossed over into delivering for department stores in Seattle. Bring on as much work for as long as possible if it means more routes/money for the members.
Yeah but you can create supply and demand and make just as much money by limiting volume, charge more and creating demand.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I agree. Amazon is getting bigger and better at shipping their own *. Time to stop helping them and build stronger relationships with the business we will need in the future.
Amazon probably is the business we will need in the future. They dominate, over 50 percent of e commerce is theirs. Why fight for the leftovers when you can eat steak?

Overpaid Union Thug

Go with the winner, kid. Also, do you know for sure that Amazon is so low profit? What do we know with certainty about the revenue per package from each shipper?
We have been told repeatedly that we make very little profit off each package.
Amazon probably is the business we will need in the future. They dominate, over 50 percent of e commerce is theirs. Why fight for the leftovers when you can eat steak?
Not a good idea. The more they dominate the less there is for us to pick up and deliver from their competitors. The best we can do is to boost their competitors while undermining Amazon by dropping their huge shipping discounts. And it needs to be done soon. Amazon may be under government scrutiny before too long. It’s already happening in Europe.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Congratulations to UPS for finally growing a set and telling shippers like Newegg, Nike, GAP and others to pound sand.
If FEDEX would do the same, the consumer that shops online will realize shipping capacity is finite.
The market works. You want a seat on this flight, you will pay more because we will sell out fast.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Not 12 months ago several of our pcms consisted of UPS sales reps telling us "Amazon is trying to steal customers", so no wonder we dislike them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
People don’t want to go to the store.....that’s kind of the point of shopping online.

Brownslave688

It’s silly to cap our profitable customers while continuing to stuff our trailers and trucks with low profit Amazon packages.
Word Is we are picking up all Amazon. Truthfully I guess Amazon probably brings many hubs the trailers. But each individual center is supposed to have a max of incoming amazon packages each day.

No freaking clue how they could possibly regulate that.

Brownslave688

Go with the winner, kid. Also, do you know for sure that Amazon is so low profit? What do we know with certainty about the revenue per package from each shipper?
Yes we know amazon is extremely low profit. Their discount is upwards of 90% for many packages.