I am Glad UPS is fighting back against Shippers

Overpaid Union Thug

Word Is we are picking up all Amazon. Truthfully I guess Amazon probably brings many hubs the trailers. But each individual center is supposed to have a max of incoming amazon packages each day.

No freaking clue how they could possibly regulate that.
The rural routes on the opposite side of our center from the nearest Amazon distribution center are de facto Amazon delivery routes. Because they don’t deliver there yet. If we cut off Amazon, or cap them like others, we could be filling those trucks with profitable accounts instead.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The rural routes on the opposite side of our center from the nearest Amazon distribution center are de facto Amazon delivery routes. Because they don’t deliver there yet. If we cut off Amazon, or cap them like others, we could be filling those trucks with profitable accounts instead.
I am fine with just charging them appropriately. Because really where are they going to send it. But drivers have been calling this amazon debacle for the better part of a decade.

Zowert

All that Granger and Uline we deliver is pretty generic. It won't be to long that Amazon is delivery there own equivalent products with there own drivers.
If Amazon becomes 100% self sufficient in shipping their own products I think we would still be alright. It’s when Amazon starts delivering third party volume that will cause us trouble. As long as there are people willing to do what we do for $16/hr (and no benefits) Amazon will be a threat.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Congratulations to UPS for finally growing a set and telling shippers like Newegg, Nike, GAP and others to pound sand.
If FEDEX would do the same, the consumer that shops online will realize shipping capacity is finite.
David abney never cared about his employees!
🧔✊....he was too worried about making billions and facial hair!

ManInBrown

I mean honestly, look at Macys. Our center picked up over 2,000 packages from one Macys location on black Friday. The driver doing the pickup spent over 4 hours doing it because of how poorly designed this location's back room is set up and their need to put it in a "secure" room that is always open. Macys has their own trucks and can easily ship to their own stores via their own trucks and have people pick up items at the store.
This might be the dumbest post I have ever read in 8+ years here. Congrats. Charging more and putting Amazon out of business 5-7 years ago when UPS easily could have is and was the answer. Not turning away business. Are you serious? She’s right for capping places but to just say let these places transport their own product to their different locations and let customers come into the store and pick them up is idiotic. You realize how you, and the rest of us have an excellent paying job, correct?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Yeah but you can create supply and demand and make just as much money by limiting volume, charge more and creating demand.
Capitalism.
UPS pushes it as far as it can go within the rules of the system.
And it’s about time the demand started working to our advantage, rather than crippling the workforce.
This is still a specialized trade that requires a specific set of skills in order to be successful day in and day out.
Hopefully the pandemic and widespread sloppy service across the country from lazy ass cheap second hand drivers is waking UPS up
They still need us even though they want to incorporate cheaper labor
They’re gonna have to work with us and our bodies if they want to truly maximize the financial potential during this pandemic
They can’t keep giving out free grievance money instead of fixing the real leak

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
This might be the dumbest post I have ever read in 8+ years here. Congrats. Charging more and putting Amazon out of business 5-7 years ago when UPS easily could have is and was the answer. Not turning away business. Are you serious? She’s right for capping places but to just say let these places transport their own product to their different locations and let customers come into the store and pick them up is idiotic. You realize how you, and the rest of us have an excellent paying job, correct?
When could UPS have put Amazon out of Business?

ManInBrown

When could UPS have put Amazon out of Business?
5,6,7 years ago. Amazon was built on UPS’s back. We delivered their crap for pennies on the dollar before they were what they are today. They would have folded had they not had UPS. People really forget that Amazon has only been what they are today for the last 5 years. They werent the rulers of the world in 2010-2012. Who would have delivered all their crap if it wasn’t for UPS? The idiots that run and ran this company only see today. They never look at tomorrow. Who knows what happens in 10-15 years. If Amazon one day, and I doubt this happens. But if they one day put UPS of business, the company dug their own grave.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
5,6,7 years ago. Amazon was built on UPS’s back. We delivered their crap for pennies on the dollar before they were what they are today. They would have folded had they not had UPS. People really forget that Amazon has only been what they are today for the last 5 years. They werent the rulers of the world in 2010-2012. Who would have delivered all their crap if it wasn’t for UPS? The idiots that run and ran this company only see today. They never look at tomorrow. Who knows what happens in 10-15 years. If Amazon one day, and I doubt this happens. But if they one day put UPS of business, the company dug their own grave.
I don’t think we could have put them under but basically ups, FedEx, post office could have dictated the pace at which they grew.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Exactly...... ok we stood up to everyone but the one customer that is actually a threat
How are they a threat? All I hear is how our buildings are all at capacity, if Amazon didn’t deliver their own stuff we’d never be able to move it all, and they can’t either.