I got a lot of questions!

Indecisi0n

Could you legally just say you don't have a great memory and refuse to learn them? I mean you would tell them you're trying but do they really have a leg to stand on with that?

rod

Retired 23 years
Nothing--they just move on to the next guy. Used to be you had 30 days to make up your mind if you really wanted it and they had 30 days to disqualify you. Probably different now.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Here, if you bid it and win it, it's yours...no backing out or "turning it down".
The only exception is if you have to "qualify" for the job.
Then it's pretty easy to not "qualify", feeders being a prime example.
This attitude is likely why we do it the way we do here.
Personally, I think we have it right.

This isn't high school and your supervisors and stewards aren't guidance counselors.
Do your own research, make a decision and live with it like an adult.

It's not fair to those who bid in earnest, to just "bid on everything" ad hoc, on the premise that "you can always turn it down".

Here, if you bid it and win it, it's yours...no backing out or "turning it down".
The only exception is if you have to "qualify" for the job.
Then it's pretty easy to not "qualify", feeders being a prime example.

This attitude is likely why we do it the way we do here.
Personally, I think we have it right.

This isn't high school and your supervisors and stewards aren't guidance counselors.
Do your own research, make a decision and live with it like an adult.

It's not fair to those who bid in earnest, to just "bid on everything" ad hoc, on the premise that "you can always turn it down".
I sign up because I don’t know if I’ll get it. If I get it, then I’ll decide. For a transfer it’s 75-25 I’ll take it. For a route it depends on how I’ve been treated over the years. By mgmt, and my peers. Let’s face it, some coworkers are jerks.

LeeRoyBrown

Preload monkey beeyotch
Just graduated 2 weeks ago. First day, 1 guy quit. Day 2, another left for "family readons". Day 3, end of day, driving tests on day 4, one kid had to quit and go home so he could go to court for illegal street racing (wow!). 24 started, 21 graduated. I passed driving minimally, course work final exam was easy. They are not supposed to pass insufficient students, but I'm sure the administrators are evaluated. I think they send people homE to wash out there.