I got a lot of questions!

Dr.Brownz

No reason to fear if you're clean. I seriously doubt all that language is to protect the company from paying out

Did you not read the last couple sentences where I mention harassment? You have thoroughly embarrassed yourself on the public space. If all that specific language didn't exist, the company and union would need to pay lawyers to argue about it every time they wanted to try to fire someone for a drug test.

Yes and that is more money to test it again. The driver in that scenario still gonna get backpay if they are out of service for any amount of time. I referenced said language and used my example as the reason why this language exists. I'm not wrong about anything
Just testing positive is not enough. You have to be over a certain threshold to fail a drug test. If you test positive and over the limit you can be sure you are a user.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Did you not read the last couple sentences where I mention harassment? You have thoroughly embarrassed yourself on the public space. If all that specific language didn't exist, the company and union would need to pay lawyers to argue about it every time they wanted to try to fire someone for a drug test.
How do I know you're really a doctor?

bbsam

Staff member
Just testing positive is not enough. You have to be over a certain threshold to fail a drug test. If you test positive and over the limit you can be sure you are a user.
It’s been years ago for me but when the lab called me they described my sample as having “trace amounts”.

It’s the kind of phone call you never forget.

It’s been years ago for me but when the lab called me they described my sample as having “trace amounts”.

It’s the kind of phone call you never forget.
I can not imagine the lab calling you when their contract is with the company. Evidently the level was not above any disciplinary action.

bbsam

Staff member
I can not imagine the lab calling you when their contract is with the company. Evidently the level was not above any disciplinary action.
They called the company on a Friday morning before dispatch, asked the talk to me. Asked me if there was any reason besides cocaine usage that my sample would show trace amounts. I said no.

Three minutes later I was in the center managers office with the union rep.

Three minutes after that I was on my way to get the weekend started.

Dr.Brownz

Yeah those limits are all in the contract, if they weren't lawyers would need to argue about it all the time

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I always wanted to be drug tested...yes sir take me to the clinic while I’m on the clock and waste everyone’s time...I’m cleaner than a virgins butt hole

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I always wanted to be drug tested...yes sir take me to the clinic while I’m on the clock and waste everyone’s time..
The nurse came to our building to administer the tests. We had one driver who would hold out for as long as he could before he *had* to pee. I think his record was 3+ hours. About 20% of the time, in addition to the urine test, they would make you blow a breathalyzer test. We had 1 driver who failed the test. He was off for a while, taking AA classes, and he was subject to tests anytime the company wanted him to after that.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
The nurse came to our building to administer the tests. We had one driver who would hold out for as long as he could before he *had* to pee. I think his record was 3+ hours. About 20% of the time, in addition to the urine test, they would make you blow a breathalyzer test. We had 1 driver who failed the test. He was off for a while, taking AA classes, and he was subject to tests anytime the company wanted him to after that.
We had a driver who was fired five or six times for drugs and alcohol..he was on the “anytime” test...showed up to work and blew a .04....he is at dhl getting his last year as a teamster to get full pension