I'll take "Who Just Got Fired and Aint Coming Back" for$1000 Alex

UPSER1987

Well, the only problem with this statement, is that the company fires and disciplines drivers when things don’t go perfectly. The company time allowance is obviously fatally flawed, no one in my building runs under anymore except for a few runners that load their truck for two hours off the clock. If we seem to be acting “elitist”, it’s mainly from the standard to which we are held to. The funny thing is, management will call us names, but you couldn’t do the job. Add in aging and fifteen to 25 years of daily beat downs and you’d be crying on your mommas lap, we all know this. So I’ll keep laughing in your face while you call me an elitist. And you’ll get moved to another job in another building and I’ll still be laughing along in my center doing the same job I’ve always done.
Haha…standard you are held to? What standards? Lol..most look like sloppy pigs and perform the same. Drivers today couldn’t make it as a driver 20 years ago…bunch of sissified divas.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It is a response to BUG, but do you ever observe the center office prior to start time? The divas are cackling like hens, complaining about everything but offering zero solutions. Everything and everyone has to be perfect- except the driver. He is allowed to be sick, tired, fatigued and it’s ok to be a smile**y performer but no one else is. The preloader, the ORS, the manager, the OMS, the customer all have to be perfect for the driver to be satisfied. Its like preschool in the center office. Then to finish the day, we sit around in the office and recap the smile**y preloader ORS, manager, OMS and customers…that is elitist behavior. Also comical.

I avoid the office as much as possible, so no, I don't witness that. I know some drivers go in to complain about dispatch in my center, but I think most of our drivers are understanding about the preload job, and only complain when there is a consistent issue that needs to be addressed.

I think BUG was calling us elitist because he thinks we have things so much better than other union members yet we still complain. That was a response to me simply stating that being a package car driver makes it basically impossible to have a good work/life balance. I wasn't even trying to claim that should be fixed, just pointing out reality.

He was very quick to blame us for not voting. Well, the union won't be able to force contracts on us with that excuse anymore. I think maybe he's upset that they might have to actually negotiate the UPS contract now, instead of the regular back door, wink-wink, nudge-nudge deals they work out. It's tough having to earn your pay, but yes, upsers are the elitists. Smh.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Haha…standard you are held to? What standards? Lol..most look like sloppy pigs and perform the same. Drivers today couldn’t make it as a driver 20 years ago…bunch of sissified divas.
You idiot. Some people on here were drivers 20 years ago, so how could they not make it? You know who wouldn’t make it 20 years ago? The sorry excuses for ORS and center managers we have today who are so incapable of making business decisions that they aren’t even allowed to.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
You idiot. Some people on here were drivers 20 years ago, so how could they not make it? You know who wouldn’t make it 20 years ago? The sorry excuses for ORS and center managers we have today who are so incapable of making business decisions that they aren’t even allowed to.
He's a part time sup trying to act tough. Just let him poke his chest out on the internet. He's the same one that walks the other way when he sees a driver walking toward him in the produce isle on Sunday.

UPSER1987

There’s like 20 people on this forum dude...and the old retired with nothing better to do don’t count. This forum is not representative of all UPS drivers. My experience is what I stated earlier.
Decision making? Most drivers today don’t even know what a map looks like, let alone use one to make a decision to turn left or right. The job is so dumbed down, any idiot could do it. Try taking a diad away from a driver and see what happens.

quad decade guy

Well, the only problem with this statement, is that the company fires and disciplines drivers when things don’t go perfectly. The company time allowance is obviously fatally flawed, no one in my building runs under anymore except for a few runners that load their truck for two hours off the clock. If we seem to be acting “elitist”, it’s mainly from the standard to which we are held to. The funny thing is, management will call us names, but you couldn’t do the job. Add in aging and fifteen to 25 years of daily beat downs and you’d be crying on your mommas lap, we all know this. So I’ll keep laughing in your face while you call me an elitist. And you’ll get moved to another job in another building and I’ll still be laughing along in my center doing the same job I’ve always done.
Thanks for saying this....absolute truth.

Thanks again.

I can remember so many times after a truly crappy day.....being called every name in the book....knowing I did everything I possibly could to even keep up with the firehose of activity on my route....even being two clicks over......I truly hated it. And it all started with preload.....and mgt....

And the Union....

UPSER1987

He's a part time sup trying to act tough. Just let him poke his chest out on the internet. He's the same one that walks the other way when he sees a driver walking toward him in the produce isle on Sunday.
And no…Im not from some podunk center. I don’t see any drivers at the general store lol.

quad decade guy

And no…Im not from some podunk center. I don’t see any drivers at the general store lol.
Careful about making generalizations.......

You don't know me or "US"........

I'll take a veteran pkg or feeder driver any day.

Yeah, we've seen it all. And have seen countless stupid decisions all around.

And....so there are 20 guys on here.....maybe. But generally, most of it sounds very familiar.....with local supplements changing nuances a bit.

It could be so much better.

But no person has EVER asked me what I think from safety committees to Division Managers....

Now Sonny.......want some good career advice? How to make improvements?

We are still waiting...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm not so sure the vote wasn't tampered with so your boyfriend Denis could push this crap contract through.

I think maybe he's upset that they might have to actually negotiate the UPS contract now, instead of the regular back door, wink-wink, nudge-nudge deals they work out.

Keep repeating all the anti-Union talking points. It helps the IBT and any Local from organizing.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
There’s like 20 people on this forum dude...and the old retired with nothing better to do don’t count. This forum is not representative of all UPS drivers. My experience is what I stated earlier.
Decision making? Most drivers today don’t even know what a map looks like, let alone use one to make a decision to turn left or right. The job is so dumbed down, any idiot could do it. Try taking a diad away from a driver and see what happens.

I tried asking for maps so I could learn my areas better and they wouldn’t give me one.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Keep repeating all the anti-Union talking points. It helps the IBT and any Local from organizing.

Says the guy who constantly blames the members for the failures of the reps, then continues to insult them. I don't have to repeat any talking points, the union officials are doing just fine discrediting themselves and undermining their own organization efforts without any outside help.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I take care of my own members, in spite of you sellouts in bed with the company. One thing the drivers in my center can say is I will never side with management and blame it on not voting. I just stand behind them in spite of the current leadership. What do you do? (Other than blame them for not voting)? I'm waiting.......
One thing you cannot deny is we wouldn't have this crap 22.4 language if it wasn't for your hero Denis.

MyTripisCut

Oh youngster you still don’t get it. The reason the drivers you see that way are because they were trained by ORS that don’t know how to train. They have no area knowledge and did you ever think that ORION wasn’t brought in to bust the union but rather make up for the inadequacies of the current model of UPS On Road Supe who only drove a four block route during peak for three weeks? Cut me a break and admit that you couldn’t do this job for five years and start giving some respect to drivers that last 10,15,25 years working for a company that offers zero support to get the job done.

rod

Retired 22 years
Thanks for saying this....absolute truth.

Thanks again.

I can remember so many times after a truly crappy day.....being called every name in the book....knowing I did everything I possibly could to even keep up with the firehose of activity on my route....even being two clicks over......I truly hated it. And it all started with preload.....and mgt....

And the Union....
I would swear on a Bible that in my 30 UPS years I was only told I was doing a good job less than 5 times------and I know I wasn't THAT bad. :-)

That might be an exaggeration ----make that less than 3 times.

35years

Gravy route
Most drivers do thier job and don't bother "going into the office to complain "

There is some truth to a minority of them being elitist...because, in general we work much harder, more hours, and more efficiently than anyone in our industry...And even most outside our industry.

But really, it smacks of total hypocrisy coming from a supervisor and a business agent. I know my supervisors, managers and Business agent can not do my job....and I am much older than them (late 50s).

My district manager had to have several of us "help" her with stops (and she took credit) when she was qualifying...she couldn't make it.

My division manager crashed in his 30 day probation trying to make it...It was overlooked since he was a manager in training.

My B.A. was a low performing driver before he got the cush gig as B.A.

So spare us the entitlement bovine manure. Most UPS drivers work harder than 95% of the population, and compared to supervisors and managers...It is laughable.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Says the guy who constantly blames the members for the failures of the reps, then continues to insult them.

My realistic observation's make people feel insulted ?

No wonder UPS management gets away with what they do.

What do you do? (Other than blame them for not voting)? I'm waiting......

The truth hurts ?

One thing you cannot deny is we wouldn't have this crap 22.4 language if it wasn't for your hero Denis.

The General President made that decision.... Not me.

-Bug-

*BTW*

You guys get butt hurt awful easy.... like I just kicked your dog. My comments weren't a personal attack.

UPSER1987

Most drivers do thier job and don't bother "going into the office to complain "

There is some truth to a minority of them being elitist...because, in general we work much harder, more hours, and more efficiently than anyone in our industry...And even most outside our industry.

But really, it smacks of total hypocrisy coming from a supervisor and a business agent. I know my supervisors, managers and Business agent can not do my job....and I am much older than them (late 50s).

My district manager had to have several of us "help" her with stops (and she took credit) when she was qualifying...she couldn't make it.

My division manager crashed in his 30 day probation trying to make it...It was overlooked since he was a manager in training.

My B.A. was a low performing driver before he got the cush gig as B.A.

So spare us the entitlement bovine manure. Most UPS drivers work harder than 95% of the population, and compared to supervisors and managers...It is laughable.
And you can’t do theirs. (Maybe the BA job - doesn’t take much education) So now you are even.

MyTripisCut

And you can’t do theirs. (Maybe the BA job - doesn’t take much education) So now you are even.
Lol. Happily, my local tries to promote college education along with job experience for BA’s. How else will our representatives survive the elitist attitude of college educated part time supes?…….