Immigration

Babagounj

Strength through joy
https://howiecarrshow.com/mass-stat...off-illegal-immigrants-to-imminent-ice-raids/

Massachusetts state Rep. Michelle DuBois posted a warning to illegal immigrants on her Facebook page Tuesday about upcoming Immigration and Customs Enforcement raids that are rumored to be taking place in the area.

ICE raid in Brockton on 3/28 and 29th
If you get picked up by ICE call legal services direct line for immigration help: 774-488-5961
I got the following information from my friend in the Latin community:
“I have a message for the immigrant community of Brockton. Please be careful on Wednesday 29. ICE will be in Brockton on that day.
If you are undocumented don’t go out on the street. If there is a knock on the door of your house and you don’t know who it is, don’t open the door. I ask you to be careful.”
Update: It is obvious that this post has touched off a lot of controversy.
To be clear: I am just forwarding a rumor that is all over Brockton. Actually I’m helping ICE to know (if they didn’t already) that the raids they are planning are already known about in the City.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Michell-DuBois-300x277.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
State Rep. claims attacks from alt-right after ICE raid Facebook post

BOSTON - A Massachusetts State Representative who came under fire for posting to Facebook, warning illegal immigrants about rumored ICE raids, has deleted her post and replaced it with a request for donations.

Michelle DuBois says she has been attacked since the post and needs the donations to respond.

“We have seen the alt-right's national attack campaign against Michelle and we need to help her fight back,” Wednesday’s post on DuBois’ Facebook profile said.

FOX25’s Jacqui Heinrich reached out to DuBois Wednesday for more details about the attack, and information on how a PayPal money transfer would help, but she did not respond to questions.

When DuBois was questioned about that post by the local media, she responded “Why are you harassing me? Literally I think I need to get a restraining order.”

UPDATE: State Rep. DuBois' Facebook post about the rumored ICE raids has since been republished. The story above reflects FOX25's initial report from Wednesday night at 10 p.m. FOX25 has since reached out for comment but again has not heard back from Rep. Dubois.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
As I understand it , there is already a law on the books saying the wall can be built . Congress did at one time fund some of it and then stopped .

moreluck

golden ticket member
...and who's going to pay for the wall?
Eventually, Mexico, through the taxes levied on the crap they send here to sell and the toll to come here........more like a "re-payment" for our initial investment.

Along the lines of how the tenant pays the landlord's mortgage for him. The landlord makes the initial investment and the tenantmakes the payments for him. (too businessy for you?)

It will be fine

Eventually, Mexico, through the taxes levied on the crap they send here to sell and the toll to come here........more like a "re-payment" for our initial investment.

Along the lines of how the tenant pays the landlord's mortgage for him. The landlord makes the initial investment and the tenantmakes the payments for him. (too businessy for you?)
And who will pay the increased cost of goods that would then be taxed at a higher rate? The US consumer. So our tax dollars will front the cost and then the increased cost of goods will pay us back. Great plan.

moreluck

golden ticket member
And who will pay the increased cost of goods that would then be taxed at a higher rate? The US consumer. So our tax dollars will front the cost and then the increased cost of goods will pay us back. Great plan.
The increase price of goods would be on Mexican goods and if you want a "made in mexico" product, you'll pay the price.