Just in time

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
IMG_7130.png

HarryWarden

Hahaa

People have a hard enough time supporting a family of five on a full time driver salary, and drivers work DAMN hard and deserve a higher hourly rate than I do loading packages

I still believe that a seasoned fully progressed part time package worker deserves the same hourly rate as a full time warehouse worker

And I feel a full time job should be able to support a family and a part time job should be able to support a single person, especially when it’s a physical labor job for a company that made $13 billion a year in profit and has the largest union in the country

Thebrownblob

Hahaa

People have a hard enough time supporting a family of five on a full time driver salary, and drivers work DAMN hard and deserve a higher hourly rate than I do loading packages

I still believe that a seasoned fully progressed part time package worker deserves the same hourly rate as a full time warehouse worker

And I feel a full time job should be able to support a family and a part time job should be able to support a single person
I had no problem supporting five people, rarely had a car payment and my house will be paid off in about a year and a half.
Supporting oneself is highly dependent on the person, spending habits, and ability to be disciplined. Maybe you’re more disciplined than most but I don’t know very many people that could support even themselves singly making $35 an hour for guarantee 3 1/2 hours. Seems like it would be really tough to me.

HarryWarden

I had no problem supporting five people, rarely had a car payment and my house will be paid off in about a year and a half.
Supporting oneself is highly dependent on the person, spending habits, and ability to be disciplined. Maybe you’re more disciplined than most but I don’t know very many people that could support even themselves singly making $35 an hour for guarantee 3 1/2 hours. Seems like it would be really tough to me.
Well first of all, I think if you’re working a part time job and plan to support yourself and live, you don’t necesarily deserve all the luxuries. I’m just talking about paying rent and eating food at home, taking care of responsibilities, and putting a few bucks aside each month for an emergency fund.

But your math is also what frustrates me. You’re saying you have no problem raising a family of 5 on full time, but would be hard to support yourself on part time at $35 an hour. Well I think that only supports my argument that part time pay is way underpaid. $18 an hour after 10 years is not fair, plain and simple

Thebrownblob

Well first of all, I think if you’re working a part time job and plan to support yourself and live, you don’t necesarily deserve all the luxuries. I’m just talking about paying rent and eating food at home, and putting a few bucks aside each month for an emergency fund.

But your math is also what frustrates me. You’re saying you have no problem raising a family of 5 on full time, but would be hard to support yourself on part time at $35 an hour. Well I think that only supports my argument that part time pay is way underpaid. $18 an hour after 10 years is not fair, plain and simple
I don’t make $35 an hour I make over $41 an hour and realistically I get about two hours of overtime a night so probably closer to $50 an hour.

By myself at $36,000 a year which is about $35 an hour is for four hours a night. It would be an unpleasant living experience after rent, food, and transportation.

HarryWarden

I don’t make $35 an hour I make over $41 an hour and realistically I get about two hours of overtime a night so probably closer to $50 an hour.

By myself at $36,000 a year which is about $35 an hour is for four hours a night. It would be an unpleasant living experience after rent, food, and transportation.
Yeah, yet people on here are acting like people would be living the high life when I Bring up the higher wages, that’s my point

I just don’t think it’s a big deal to ask for higher wages for fully progressed part time workers, from a company that brings in 10s of billions of dollars in profit a year.

Also people on here are acting like part timers are only working 3.5 hours a day. That’s their guaranteed minimum. It’s work as directed. It’s not uncommon to be working 7-8 hour shifts as is.

Ups is taking advantage of these lower part time wages to save money, if it anything it discourages creating more full time jobs, when 2 part time workers is still cheaper than a full time employee

Thebrownblob

Yeah, yet people on here are acting like people would be living the high life when I Bring up the higher wages, that’s my point

I just don’t think it’s a big deal to ask for higher wages for fully progressed part time workers, from a company that brings in 10s of billions of dollars in profit a year.

Also people on here are acting like part timers are only working 3.5 hours a day. That’s their guaranteed minimum. It’s work as directed. It’s not uncommon to be working 7-8 hour shifts as is.

Ups is taking advantage of these lower part time wages to save money, if it anything it discourages creating more full time jobs, when 2 part time workers is still cheaper than a full time employee
When the company raised starting pay to $22 an hour here, overtime, evaporated for partimers.

I do agree with you the company takes advantage of part time to not make full-time jobs.

Zowert

I’m married with no kids, topped out as a driver and not necessarily living the dream. Being a homeowner alone is expensive, I don’t know how RPCD’s with multiple kids are staying afloat. Even at $42+ an hour, you’re barely middle class in high COL cities.

Thebrownblob

I’m married with no kids, topped out as a driver and not necessarily living the dream. Being a homeowner alone is expensive, I don’t know how RPCD’s with multiple kids are staying afloat. Even at $42+ an hour, you’re barely middle class in high COL cities.
Definite depends on where you live. Owning a home is both great and a pain in the ass for sure.

Zowert

Lol I do like the side hustle option. How nice of them.
That part kind of made my skin crawl. It’s like they’re saying, “Oh and we give you plenty of time to do other endeavors which may net you some cash. You’re welcome!”

“Get your money from the industry leaders.“ This is a huge red flag. Be grateful for a paycheck from the best company in the industry you little brat!

“Coverage that will make your worries disappear.” We understand that paying for healthcare is kinda screwed up, so come work for us and we will take care of it. We‘re not gonna pay you a fair wage tho…

Brownwind

Welfare or under the table side hustle? Glad it works for him.
My guess is we don’t know half the story