Does Anyone Just Use Medicare?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Retired Courier 67 years old- Medicare 174.90 - Supplement 190 each month- you will also be required to buy a drug plan-since I take very few prescriptions , I was able to get a free one with a high deductible . With Medicare and Supplement No co pays and only pay a one time deductible of 240- The Supplement may cost you more because you are 70 and Live in MA I presume
I’m 67 and pay zero for a supplement. Dental, prescriptions and very low deductible or zero. Time for you to chose another plan, grasshopper.

oldngray

nowhere special
I’m 67 and pay zero for a supplement. Dental, prescriptions and very low deductible. Time for you to chose another plan.
An Advantage plan is better than a supplement for a lot of people. You can't have both. My brother-in-law had to get a supplement because of his medications but I'm not sure why. Maybe because of their cost.

UnionStrong

An Advantage plan is better than a supplement for a lot of people. You can't have both. My brother-in-law had to get a supplement because of his medications but I'm not sure why. Maybe because of their cost.
I don’t know all the ins and outs. I know they want us dead.

oldngray

nowhere special
I don’t know all the ins and outs. I know they want us dead.
There is no one plan that is right for everyone. I have a $0/month Advantage plan (you still have to pay the $174.70 Medicare fee) which includes prescription drugs (cheaper ones are free), pretty good dental, and mediocre vision. I am mostly limited to in network but not an issue as long as I don't travel a lot. It also gives me a spending allowance for OTC items and a few groceries. It wouldn't be the best for me if I had more health problems.

Bingo

I’m 67 and pay zero for a supplement. Dental, prescriptions and very low deductible or zero. Time for you to chose another plan, grasshopper
Then you do not have Regular Medicare or your past job is paying for the Supplement- Regular Medicare and Supplement is not cheaper then a advantage plan but much better without any restrictions- You can have the Holiday Inn Plan -I have the Ritz Carlton plan- No doctor restrictions- no co pays- no referrals- no charges for Hospital stays- no procedure approvals- When I walk in to a Doctors office I am treated Carte Blanche

Last edited:

UnionStrong

There is no one plan that is right for everyone. I have a $0/month Advantage plan (you still have to pay the $174.70 Medicare fee) which includes prescription drugs (cheaper ones are free), pretty good dental, and mediocre vision. I am mostly limited to in network but not an issue as long as I don't travel a lot. It also gives me a spending allowance for OTC items and a few groceries. It wouldn't be the best for me if I had more health problems.
Pretty much the same

UnionStrong

Then you do not have Regular Medicare or your past job is paying for the Supplement- Regular Medicare and Supplement is not cheaper then a advantage plan but much better without any restrictions
I have regular Medicare. My past job doesn’t pay for my advantage plan. Call an insurance advisor, or not, I don’t care.