Just Passed The Driving Course.

IAmUPSet

I currently work in the warehouse as preload, have been doing so for about a year. Why in the world do the outside hires makw $20.50 in class, and up until a center supervisor trains them? I receive my preload rate until my first day a supervisor trains me. Seems backwards.

Also do I have another probation period when I start driving? If so what happens if I mess it up?

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Was not the case for me in New England, I got starting driver rate for Intergrad. You do have another probationary period coming up. If you get in an accident, get injured, or don’t meet their standards, you will have to go back to preload. The problem is that I think days between mid October and January do not count towards the 30? So you won’t know for sure that you have passed until you have accumulated 30 more days after that period.

Also you should ask these kind of questions to your sups and union stewards and HR. The sups and HR might not tell the truth all the time but it’s good to get them on record anyway.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Lol. From the way everybody talks on here it sounds like my building must have the best HR dept in the country. Apparently all the other ones are useless. But still nobody will hold your hand, I was only able to get answers by bombarding people with emails and showing up early to ask questions etc. Also keep an eye on your pay when you go driving they have a habit of accidentally paying people their old preload rate...

IAmUPSet

Yeah, I think UPS is generally uncoordinated when it comes to things. Its almoat as if there no time for anything other than moving packages