Lost bid with a guy with the same seniority date

Bmann1884

Like the title says I worked pre load and he came off the streets to become a driver and I put a bid in for rpcd and he did to but he won the bid 🤬

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Isn’t the company required to make one “off the street” hire for every six or so “inside the building” hires for full time driver?

JustDeliverIt

I’m a 22.4 that was a pre loader before

If you are both 22.4 with the same FT seniority date then you should have won the bid becauseof your PT service.

If he got his seniority date one day ahead of you, even if he's off the street, he gets it because he was FT before you. Need to find out the exact dates you two both went FT and go from there.

Good news is that if he won the bid, worst case you should be next.

JustDeliverIt

Isn’t the company required to make one “off the street” hire for every six or so “inside the building” hires for full time driver?

They are not required to, they are allowed to hire at a 6:1 ratio. But that language was more for when they had PTers that wanted to drive, they couldn't just hire off the street to keep the PT work force intact.

Now, at least in my building, they are hiring at more than that because no one is coming out from the building.

Overpaid Union Thug

Like the title says I worked pre load and he came off the streets to become a driver and I put a bid in for rpcd and he did to but he won the bid 🤬
Sounds like he was a 22.4 before you which gave him full time seniority over you. Doesn’t matter that you were with the company first. Classification seniority is often ridiculous. Especially when it comes to off the street hires. It used to take forever to go full time in the hubs. Off the street hires prolongs the wait even more.

I think most UPSers would agree that off the street hiring should be done away with. It’s wrong and doesn’t even produce the desired outcome that corporate aims for by doing so. Our last “off the street” supervisor hire refused to go back into management and the three before that regret their decision to go back.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Sounds like new guy might have had Mafia ties before getting hired...

But...

If you were 224 before him...

You could make a beef.

Good luck

Poop Head

Judge me.
I didn’t look at his diad
tenor.gif

Overpaid Union Thug

We where hired the same time when to intergrad with him
Who was higher on the 22.4 seniority list after integrad? If he was hired off the street then they could have considered him hired before you even though you both attended integrad together. Either way….it’s standard practice for HR to inform new hires that are hired the same day who has more juice. If not the seniority list would have shown that therefore you’d know already.