2016 RPCD HIRE DATE-Transferred-now I’m scheduled Tuesday - Saturday

Ahh, I see. But, he still has a *company* seniority date that precedes the 2019 cutoff.
A transfer is like starting all.over, the only thing the company seniority affords you is the amount of vacation you get and your time credited toward retirement. You bid last, you pick vacation last, you're the first to be laid off. You're basically a brand new qualified driver.

I was a RPCD hire back in 2016, fast forward to June 2022, I transferred to a different local and hub, went through the local rider and supplements and the local rider says:

1. It is agreed that no employee with a seniority date prior to August 1, 2011, will be forced on to a Tuesday through Saturday work week unless otherwise mutually agreed to or unless the employee bid such work week in accordance with the bidding procedures set forth in Article 6, Section 2.
But I’m lost because the national and western supplement say this:

1. It is agreed that no employee with a seniority date prior to August 1, 2019, will be forced on to a Tuesday through Saturday work week unless otherwise mutually agreed to or unless the employee bid such work week in accordance with the bidding procedures set forth in Article 6, Section 2.
Not sure what to do, keep filing grievances or what? My local stewards and B.A said it will get up to the panel but i haven’t heard a word since. Really missing my Mon-Fri schedule. Help me out my brothers and sisters, shed some light for me lol thank you 🤙🤙
Your new seniority date is June 2022, which happens to be after 2019. You started all over bro, sucks.

tadpole

A transfer is like starting all.over, the only thing the company seniority affords you is the amount of vacation you get and your time credited toward retirement. You bid last, you pick vacation last, you're the first to be laid off. You're basically a brand new qualified driver.
I understand that but the language needs to be adjusted if that is how it’s going to be. Because the dude does have a seniority date before the cutoff. Building/Center/Company isn’t specified in the language.

BrownSnowFlake

So instead of doing a 100% residential route, and being able to go to the dentist without using a sick day…

You wanna run a 2/3 commercial route that’s too spread out to make all your time commits, for the same pay.

I understand that but the language needs to be adjusted if that is how it’s going to be. Because the dude does have a seniority date before the cutoff. Building/Center/Company isn’t specified in the language.
He doesn't have a seniority date prior to 2019. It's 2022. I don't find it ambiguous whatsoever.

clean hairy

Same as when pt goes full time

tadpole

He doesn't have a seniority date prior to 2019. It's 2022. I don't find it ambiguous whatsoever.
The dude has a company seniority date pre 2019. He also has a center seniority date of 2024.

The language states nobody with a seniority date pre 2019 can be forced T-S.

Does it say a center seniority date? No. So technicially…

Just add the word “center” or “building” and there’s no confusion.

The dude has a company seniority date pre 2019. He also has a center seniority date of 2024.

The language states nobody with a seniority date pre 2019 can be forced T-S.

Does it say a center seniority date? No. So technicially…

Just add the word “center” or “building” and there’s no confusion.
What does your transfer language read?

542thruNthru

Not picking a side here but ... it's not company seniority. It's RPCD seniority pre 2019.

I think this is going to be an interesting grievance. The intention and spirit of the Western transfer language is that you lose all seniority expect as it pertains to fringe benefits.

But the NMA says this.
Screenshot_20240424_211746_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

If it didn't have that green part he would be SOL but because it does... and Article 2 states

Screenshot_20240424_212118_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I think he has a good chance.

tadpole

What does your transfer language read?
I haven't read it yet myself.

Not picking a side here but ... it's not company seniority. It's RPCD seniority pre 2019.

I think this is going to be an interesting grievance. The intention and spirit of the Western transfer language is that you lose all seniority expect as it pertains to fringe benefits.

But the NMA says this.
View attachment 481282

If it didn't have that green part he would be SOL but because it does... and Article 2 states

View attachment 481283

I think he has a good chance.
Thanks for linking to the contract. It would be helpful for me to read it before spouting my uninformed opinion. :P

The intention and spirit of the Western transfer language is that you lose all seniority expect as it pertains to fringe benefits.
This is what I was alluding to, but I hadn't considered the added portions. This could get interesting, but I'd be hot if I got bumped to Tu-Sa by the lowest guy in the building.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Seniority date in new local is is June 2022, not 2016.

The 2016 date became nothing other than the official company time marker once the transfer was made.

1714044886955.png

From the Western supplement:
1714044906952.png

MIX_MASTER_ICE

Cold As Ice, Willing To Sacrifice
As far as seniority goes, you transferred to a different center, so you drop to the bottom. Your start date at the new center is your new seniority date for that center you now work at. You retain vacation weeks, years of service for retirement and such, but as far as working at that center, you are now the last guy running the train at this party. Enjoy the view. 😂

nWo

What if someone was hired as RPCD in 2016 then bid a 22.3 job then bid back into driving in 2024?