New Video! Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It takes care of the immediate need. It puts food on the table.

Bills can wait a few weeks. Most creditors understand and will work with you.

The amount would be the same as Short Term Disability in most areas, heath coverage included. Paid from day one..if you participate and walk. I showed up everyday with the last one, 4 hour shift. It will easier this time if everybody had to show up and get paid.

Back in “97” it was under 60 dollars a week after the first week. I believe that the international and some locals raised our dues back in 2008 to increase our strike funds.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
The amount would be the same as Short Term Disability in most areas, heath coverage included. Paid from day one..if you participate and walk. I showed up everyday with the last one, 4 hour shift. It will easier this time if everybody had to show up and get paid.

Back in “97” it was under 60 dollars a week after the first week. I believe that the international and some locals raised our dues back in 2008 to increase our strike funds.
My Local established it's own strike fund (via a change to our by-laws, IIRC in 2007); a 'special assessment' of $8/mo. FT ($4 PT). We've since amended/expanded it to be of some use while organizing.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
My Local established it's own strike fund (via a change to our by-laws, IIRC in 2007); a 'special assessment' of $8/mo. FT ($4 PT). We've since amended/expanded it to be of some use while organizing.

What does it pay a week?

Are you under Team Care also?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
What does it pay a week?
10 hours pay for FT; probably also for PT but I wasn't positive about that when I previously posted about this. VVV
Can we get this cleared up? Its my understanding friend/t would receive 10 times their hourly wage for each week out (and that would be taxed). Can anyone else vouch for that? Extrapolating from this, would p/t receive somewhere around 4-5 times their current wage for each week out?

Just to clarify to everyone, the $2(ft)/$1(pt) per week here in 705 is over and above what is called for by the IBT bylaws, and even required approval from them. And, hopefully Red can back me up on this, is for all 705 TEAMSTERS, not just UPSers.

Are you under Team Care also?
Yes members of my Local at our employer are under Teamcare. (But we also have our own Health & Welfare funds for members at other employers under contract, and of course, the elected officials/staff)

Thebrownblob

10 hours pay for FT; probably also for PT but I wasn't positive about that when I previously posted about this. VVV

Yes members of my Local at our employer are under Teamcare. (But we also have our own Health & Welfare funds for members at other employers under contract, and of course, the elected officials/staff)
10 hours pay, is that weekly?

542thruNthru

Indeed, having a local strike fund is a pretty good deal and I’m glad people thought of it a couple decades ago in our local.
Been voted down twice in my local. Last time because some politically motivated TDU group convinced the membership it was going to be a slush fund and that their regular dues should be enough to create a strike fund. All this after they pushed to approve it for a vote while sitting on the committee.

Thebrownblob

Been voted down twice in my local. Last time because some politically motivated TDU group convinced the membership it was going to be a slush fund and that their regular dues should be enough to create a strike fund. All this after they pushed to approve it for a vote while sitting on the committee.
What a shame.