New Video! Things are HEATING up!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

I guess it’s go time. Gotta keep the young bucks focused.

To Hooker, you say the company isn’t negotiating in good faith but then you say you’re praying for midnight on July 31 to walk “your” employees out of the building ? That doesn’t seem to be in good faith either? Just an observation.

Thebrownblob

To Hooker, you say the company isn’t negotiating in good faith but then you say you’re praying for midnight on July 31 to walk “your” employees out of the building ? That doesn’t seem to be in good faith either? Just an observation.
I think he could’ve stated that a little differently.

Well that's when the contract is up.

Thebrownblob

Well that's when the contract is up.
True but we need to make sure we don’t look like we’re excited to go to the streets.

We would all rather the company come to you and legitimately negotiate fairly for our hard work the last five years.

I would be more pleased at winning a excellent contract by August 1.

That might not be possible without labor action, but it should be completely on the companies back not ours.

True but we need to make sure we don’t look like we’re excited to go to the streets.

We would all rather the company come to you and legitimately negotiate fairly for our hard work the last five years.

I would be more pleased at winning a excellent contract by August 1.
Trust me brother, I don't want to see a strike.
Hopefully both sides are just doing a little chest pounding right now.

PT Car Washer

Walking your members out at midnight is more symbolic as UPS will stop picking up any packages days before an anticipated strike. UPS would not want to be liable for millions of packages they are unable to deliver.

Thebrownblob

Walking your members out at midnight is more symbolic as UPS will stop picking up any packages days before an anticipated strike. UPS would not want to be liable for millions of packages they are unable to deliver.
That could be true, but there will most likely be hundreds of thousands of packages still in the system

Thebrownblob

There wasn't last time there was a strike. UPS cleaned the system out. Most members will be laid off a few days before a potential strike and for a week after a settlement.
What do you mean by cleaned the system out? I don’t recall exactly when they stopped picking up packages. but I do know the yard was full of trailers that the company had people digging in to find important packages and medical packages. stopping picking up the day before would not clean the system out. still would be thousands of package is in transit.

PT Car Washer

What do you mean by cleaned the system out? I don’t recall exactly when they stopped picking up packages. but I do know the yard was full of trailers that the company had people digging in to find important packages and medical packages. stopping picking up the day before would not clean the system out. still would be thousands of package is in transit.
UPS would stop picking up days before a potential strike of course depending on the distance traveled and the public would know there would be no guarantees on when a package would be delivered. There were no pick ups or deliveries the last strike. Just management driving package cars and Feeders around to burn up fuel.

RoswellHub

I think he is frustrated. Walking into negotiations and dealing with these guys can do that to you.

UPSmechanicinblue

UPS would stop picking up days before a potential strike of course depending on the distance traveled and the public would know there would be no guarantees on when a package would be delivered. There were no pick ups or deliveries the last strike. Just management driving package cars and Feeders around to burn up fuel.
in 1997 they didn't clean out the system before hand- they notified all costumers a week or 2 before that their packages maybe stuck in the system- Supervisors had to visit each account to notify them in person. management moved what they could when we where off. UPS Freight last contract she did clean out the system.