News about 22.3 inside combo?

542thruNthru

You find out any more info on the wcp and if we will be getting bumps in contributions?
I've heard some things but my BA said he's heading to the two man on Sunday and from what it sounds like a few locals are very curious why our pension seems to have been messed with. Apparently some language in the national has been removed and added to help the failing pensions.

team player

The '97 strike was about getting inside full time jobs. Did the Union forget about them afterward?

Are there any changes? will there be more available, or are they getting phased out? Several vacant combos have not been replaced in my hub since the previous holder retired/quit.

They used to be Easy/Hard combos, but they've devolved into whatever job UPS wants to assign; no different than doing doubles every day.

They've also been used by my local union to "save" drivers who lost their license due to DUI's; so they can continue working inside instead of getting fired. No bids put up.
I agree, in 97 22.3 were created and every contract since they have promised thousands of jobs. Problem is no one was keeping track! Ask any BA in the country for the numbers and they will tell you I don't know how to get those numbers. We all know that the CEO is trying everything she can to automate everything, and with that jobs will be eliminated. Today in my local we just won a grievance stopping the company from adding driving duties to a 22.2 full time inside job and probably saving a 22.3 job, so if this happing file on it.

I agree, in 97 22.3 were created and every contract since they have promised thousands of jobs. Problem is no one was keeping track! Ask any BA in the country for the numbers and they will tell you I don't know how to get those numbers. We all know that the CEO is trying everything she can to automate everything, and with that jobs will be eliminated. Today in my local we just won a grievance stopping the company from adding driving duties to a 22.2 full time inside job and probably saving a 22.3 job, so if this happing file on it.
I can ask my BA and he can give me the exact number of 22.3 jobs in our state and in which centers they exist. You're just making :censored2: up.

DOK

The '97 strike was about getting inside full time jobs. Did the Union forget about them afterward?

Are there any changes? will there be more available, or are they getting phased out? Several vacant combos have not been replaced in my hub since the previous holder retired/quit.

They used to be Easy/Hard combos, but they've devolved into whatever job UPS wants to assign; no different than doing doubles every day.

They've also been used by my local union to "save" drivers who lost their license due to DUI's; so they can continue working inside instead of getting fired. No bids put up.
“No bids put up”? How did this fly with members? Would never happen here.

Thebrownblob

Way to go! Now he knows we are lying!
1715771515629.gif

upschuck

Has last contract's 22.3 jobs been created, let alone this one's?

Don't think my hub has had any created for a long time. Would like to see the numbers, and where they were created.