NORTH KOREA GOVERNMENT CONFISCATING ALL PET DOGS TO BE USED TO FEED HUMANS!

rickyb

Who would've guessed that arbitrary government mandates regarding "lockdowns," "essential businesses," and "nonessential businesses" would cause unemployment to go up and jeopardize the supply chain.

You call it a problem with capitalism, I call it a problem with psychopathic authoritarians overstepping their bounds.
corona virus wouldve caused unemployment regardless. you cant have a functioning economy with corona.

what the govt did was essentially an investment of short term pain for long term gain. but they :censored2:ed that up too so you have a combination of a pandemic not under control, and unemployment.

Nah
corona virus wouldve caused unemployment regardless. you cant have a functioning economy with corona.

what the govt did was essentially an investment of short term pain for long term gain. but they :censored2:ed that up too so you have a combination of a pandemic not under control, and unemployment.

Nonsense. This is 3-4x more deadly than the flu (if that), and the most at risk are the 60+ crowd. Our economy seemed to function just fine with the flu. I see no reason it couldn't have functioned just fine with the novel coronavirus with a few minor accommodations here and there.

rickyb

Nonsense. This is 3-4x more deadly than the flu (if that), and the most at risk are the 60+ crowd. Our economy seemed to function just fine with the flu. I see no reason it couldn't have functioned just fine with the novel coronavirus with a few minor accommodations here and there.
yea assuming CDC isnt lying, govt estimates 12k to 60k deaths a year from the flu. corona has america for 160k so far which is sortve in line with what you said, although its only august. lets assume 200k dead americans from corona by year end. that would make it roughly 5.5x more deadly than the average of those 2 numbers i took. it wasnt economically nor politically possible to not shut down.