Nuclear power?

Brownisbrown

UPS EMPLOYEE
Is it good or bad some ppl always tell me its clean while other ppl tell me its not clean.
People tell me we need more reliance on nuclear power meanwhile the US is the country with the most plants in the world. Whats the truth on it?

Pullman Brown

“Here’s one not from that list. “Even the smallest dose of radiation is not safe and will harm you.” In the United States alone, there are more than 80 organizations, many well-funded, that oppose nuclear energy, and their misguided efforts have cost this nation dearly.

The sheer stupidity of eschewing the most powerful, most efficient, and cleanest generator of electricity is truly beyond belief. But here we are. Irrational fears early on drove regulators to create absurd “safety” limits for radiation, which dramatically drove up the cost of bringing a nuclear power plant online.”

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Is it good or bad some ppl always tell me its clean while other ppl tell me its not clean.
People tell me we need more reliance on nuclear power meanwhile the US is the country with the most plants in the world. Whats the truth on it?
It's good. But your average uninformed dip:censored2: sees the word "nuclear" and goes into a panic meltdown. Plus it goes against the solar/wind narrative and the powers that be can't allow that.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It's good. But your average uninformed dip:censored2: sees the word "nuclear" and goes into a panic meltdown. Plus it goes against the solar/wind narrative and the powers that be can't allow that.
If the tree huggers were truly worried about carbon emissions they would support nuclear power.

No way solar/wind generation will replace all the electricity we need.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Don’t tell me You think “they” are also controlling the weather
gif-20241006-210654.gif

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Last edited: