Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

tourists24

The company notes that each human creates enough sewage annually to create 4-5 liters of bio jet fuel. If you wanted to fly a passenger jet from London to New York, for instance, you would need the annual waste from 10,000 people each way — that’s a lot of excrement.
I think you just found the best use of our government...... They're so full of crap we can fly all over the world for free

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Tesla has lost the No1 spot as the world's biggest electric car maker to BYD - a Chinese company that is little-known in the US.

Elon Musk's Tesla said today it had delivered 484,000 cars in the final three months of 2023. It was more than analysts had expected.

But it was below the 526,000 battery-only cars handed over by BYD - short for Build Your Dreams - in the same period, the Chinese company reported on Monday.

Most Americans will never have heard of BYD, let alone seen one of their cars - which tend to cheaper than Tesla's - on the roads.

BYD cars are not sold in the US, and there are no plans to do so - despite it being backed by American investment guru Warren Buffett and plans to expand into other foreign markets.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
I admitted very small disadvantages. They exist. They're small and narrow, but they exist.

I've done TN to VT in a day in an electric. It cost me between 1 and 2 hours extra depending on how you measure it. Same on the way back.

How many people do that? Not many. How many people do it more than a few times a year? Not many.

So, if I did 5 such trips a year which would be way more than average, it would cost me 10 or 15 hours of extra travel time per year. And almost nobody even drives that much.

What a joke. It's not even meaningful. I'd still go electric on cost and convenience alone.

Most people barely do that once a year. That would cost an hour or two per year. Lol.
Just curious, are you making money off of ev sales?

Babagounj

Strength through joy

VinFast unveiled the VF Wild pickup truck.
Details are thin, but the truck is about 209 inches long.
That is a little longer than Ford Maverick and a little shorter than an R1T—making the Wild a midsize truck.

Along with the Wild, VinFast also announced a new electric bycicle at CES—called the DrgnFly—as well as an automated mirror adjustment system called Mirror Sense. It moves the car mirror automatically, based on where the driver is looking. Mirror Sense received a CES innovation award.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

• Hertz said it will sell 20,000 EVs {a third of its electric fleet} - citing low demand and expensive repairs
  • Listings have started appearing on its Hertz Car Sales website for as low as $18k
  • Hertz's electric fleet is mostly Teslas but also features Chevrolet Bolts and Polestars.
  • It is a departure for the company which was previously confident in electric cars

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

• Hertz said it will sell 20,000 EVs {a third of its electric fleet} - citing low demand and expensive repairs
  • Listings have started appearing on its Hertz Car Sales website for as low as $18k
  • Hertz's electric fleet is mostly Teslas but also features Chevrolet Bolts and Polestars.
  • It is a departure for the company which was previously confident in electric cars
Because they all suck and no one wants them.

rickyb

Cmon Wilberforce,,,, come on here and set all us idiots straight again.
allow me

1705171057164.png

Babagounj

Strength through joy
One reason could be that Dodge has replaced many metal parts of their engines with plastic.
Plastic oil caps that can not stop oil from leaking onto the transmissions.
Plastic fuel rails that fail under high pressure.
Anyone who builds these cheaply made engines knows that these cars are not being made to last a long time.

rod

Retired 23 years
With the COLD weather taking over the bulk of the USA it sounds like people are realizing more and more problems with the EV's. --slower charge times and much less range.

Commercial Inside Release

@rod I've heard newish Teslas get 50% range on the highway, in subzero weather.
So, 130-180 miles... Leading to sketchy scenarios. They sometimes have to limp into town, with the heater off.

Bet it's fun sitting in the car at a charging station for hours, too.