Palestinian-Israel Conflict (War?)

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
No, a Navy Seal. Obama put it off close to two years because he was afraid to act. The search for bin Laden was ordered by a Republican.
Let’s not forget which party held the presidency on 9/11 , and how that leader ignored Bin Ladens Fatwa as well as intelligence presented to him about Saudi’s taking classes on how to fly a plane, but not on how to land it.

vantexan

Let’s not forget which party held the presidency on 9/11 , and how that leader ignored Bin Ladens Fatwa as well as intelligence presented to him about Saudi’s taking classes on how to fly a plane, but not on how to land it.
No intelligence was presented to him about Saudi lesson taking. That was information gleaned by an agent that never got shared with other agencies. Resulted in major changes in how agencies deal with each other.

By the way Bush was in office 8 months. Who was in office the previous 8 years and had evidence presented to him about bin Laden? There were failures all around.

rickyb

No intelligence was presented to him about Saudi lesson taking. That was information gleaned by an agent that never got shared with other agencies. Resulted in major changes in how agencies deal with each other.

By the way Bush was in office 8 months. Who was in office the previous 8 years and had evidence presented to him about bin Laden? There were failures all around.
you shouldnt have supported bin laden fighting russians in afghanistan

rickyb

are you sure this is anti semitism or is it anti occupation?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

The evidence that was presented to Clinton was also available to Dubya. Don’t even try and sidestep that lol. And yes we are in agreement that failures all around were partially responsible. Also I don’t think the US military took Bin Laden’s Fatwa as seriously as they should.

vantexan

The evidence that was presented to Clinton was also available to Dubya. Don’t even try and sidestep that lol. And yes we are in agreement that failures all around were partially responsible. Also I don’t think the US military took Bin Laden’s Fatwa as seriously as they should.
Clinton sent some cruise missiles into a location in Afghanistan but bin Laden wasn't there. Other than that he didn't make any effort to kill him. By the time Bush was president it wasn't likely they knew where bin Laden was. But please don't tell me I'm sidestepping when you flat out were incorrect about Bush being told these Muslims were taking flight lessons.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Clinton sent some cruise missiles into a location in Afghanistan but bin Laden wasn't there. Other than that he didn't make any effort to kill him. By the time Bush was president it wasn't likely they knew where bin Laden was. But please don't tell me I'm sidestepping when you flat out were incorrect about Bush being told these Muslims were taking flight lessons.
If you truly believe that Dubya wasn’t informed of known potential terrorist activities then I’ll sell you a bridge in New York.

vantexan

If you truly believe that Dubya wasn’t informed of known potential terrorist activities then I’ll sell you a bridge in New York.
Only if it's cheap. I'm sure he was told about KNOWN terrorist activities. The government got caught with its pants down on 9/11.

Not sure where you got the idea that security agencies go to the president with everything for approval before going forward. The president isn't omniscient. He's given briefings about things deemed important enough to tell him. In the case of the Saudis learning how to fly the plane one school did report it. It was forwarded on by an agent and went nowhere from there. Another school didn't even bother to phone it in.

What do you think, that the head of the FBI told Bush that there's an odd situation in Florida they're looking into? We'll get back to you when we know more?