Porch Pirate returns boxes to customer

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Riverton man says stolen package returned with apology letter after social posts | KSL.com

Did he do it because of a guilty conscience or because he got caught on camera???

If he added his name & contact info on that apology letter, than maybe it was his ethics that slipped

Good thing I'm in a decent area where most customers have a ring© doorbell and/or surveillance cameras.

A year in at my rural route, I only dealt with less than a handful of dishonest customers who now request USPS or UPS to deliver their crap because they don't want to be faced by OrioN coming to their front door anymore (I caught them red handed trying to claim non-delivery)

Oldfart

I too never touch a Ring door bell. Too many people asking me to bring them their package to their work place 5 miles away, or wanting me to wait on them because they are 10 minutes away, etc. If they needed their package delivered to their office, they should have had it shipped there.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Lol. I recently had a wine delivery to someone with a Ring doorbell. They weren't home so I just imagined them watching me in horror on their phone as I wrote up a notice and stuck it to their door before walking way.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Lol. I recently had a wine delivery to someone with a Ring doorbell. They weren't home so I just imagined them watching me in horror on their phone as I wrote up a notice and stuck it to their door before walking way.
Yeah, I love the ones who aren't at home and ask you through the thing to leave their signature required package. Nope. Sorry I can't do that. :)

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Yeah, I love the ones who aren't at home and ask you through the thing to leave their signature required package. Nope. Sorry I can't do that. :)
I never knew they had audio. I've only ever seen the little ones not much bigger than the button itself.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I never knew they had audio. I've only ever seen the little ones not much bigger than the button itself.
image.jpeg

This one does.

OrioN

Yeah, I know when the motion activation starts when 6 LED lights up around the camera... then I'll do this:

And point at the box... finish off with the moonwalk back to the package car

OrioN

Indirect sig, gray area... it can be done, butt that's between u and the customer. He/ she will have to promise not to do a claim against u. Plus it's now being watched by the surveillance cameras or that doorbell.

Direct Signature, also between u and the customer. Swing drivers.... hell naw! Not worth for the bid driver to do a DFU if it goes missing

ASR, no way would I sign for them

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Indirect sig, gray area... it can be done, butt that's between u and the customer. He/ she will have to promise not to do a claim against u. Plus it's now being watched by the surveillance cameras or that doorbell.

Direct Signature, also between u and the customer. Swing drivers.... hell naw! Not worth for the bid driver to do a DFU if it goes missing

Nope. Nope. And nope. No side deals. FedEx doesn't recognize them when the customer's package disappear. Customers lie and say, I never told him that. Nope.

Star B

White Lightening

Unless I can take the video with me.. I'm not leaving an ISR. They can direct me to go somewhere else and if it's still on my route, i'll redirect it... but other than that... NOPE!!!

Signatures are work as directed. You will never get fired for having to come back an additional day because the shipper paid for the service.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
They ALL have audio...

Smaller ones, called the pro, needs a hardwire to your home.

The bigger ones have rechargeable battery or an option to hardwire it.

Yeah, I finally got one on the cyber Monday sale
I've only had people talk to me through the large ones that's why I didn't know the others did. I've never cared enough to research them on the Internet. Lol.

Star B

White Lightening
They ALL have audio...
So does my front door camera. I also have large speakers on my porch so when I talk, it turns into VOICE OF GOD.

It's funny watching the mailman sub jump.

The bigger ones have rechargeable battery or an option to hardwire it.
Protip: You can sneak up and sneak away from the bigger ones that aren't hardwired if they haven't been tripped for a few hours as it takes too long for them to wake up, get an IP address, and establish communication.

dezguy

Those ring door bells are a PITA. Can't tell you how many times a week I ring and get a con asking if I can wait 5 minutes (customer code for half hour) while they drive home from work to sign.

The best ones are the ones where I'm done writing up my skills, slap it on the door and am halfway down the driveway when the con comes on telling me they're on the way to the door. I may or may not pretend like I didn't hear them.

Last edited:

OrioN

...writing up my skills...

Do u mean like this:

chicken-scratch-4.jpg

Heh, good thing HD PAL labels are easy to peel off. I just pull it from the box & slap it to the status tag.

Ours have the name address and tracking number on 'em. I just mark if it needs an iSR, DSR, or ASR for the next attempt.

Express only has those yellow ones with commit times up to the proposed 20:00 ?

dezguy

Do u mean like this:

View attachment 168709

Heh, good thing HD PAL labels are easy to peel off. I just pull it from the box & slap it to the status tag.

Ours have the name address and tracking number on 'em. I just mark if it needs an iSR, DSR, or ASR for the next attempt.

Express only has those yellow ones with commit times up to the proposed 20:00 ?
LOL Stupid phone autocorrect.