Presidential debates!! 2012

UPS Lifer

That's because you only read selectively and in a biased way, that does not reflect the actual dialogue you are quoting or referring to.

Well, this is profound.

Democrats do it, Republicans do it, Libertarians do it, uber Liberals do it, conservatives do it, the fringe left & right do it, Independents do it, Green Party folks do it, etc. etc. etc.

We ALL read selectively and in a biased way.

wkmac

It is an illusion of choice. People buy into it and feel as though they made an important choice, decision, purchase...whatever the feeling is.

No different than buying a pair of oakley sunglasses, and telling someone their Ray-Bans are a lesser brand, or less fashionable. ...both "brands" are monopolized by the same eyewar conglomerate...illusion of choice.

That's a good analogy using Italian eyewear maker Luxottica. Funny how "glasses" were considered medical devices and thus not appealing and then thanks to good marketing and spin, glasses became eyewear and fashion statements. Yep, sounds like politics which is consumerism under another name!

Frank Zappa was right when he said:

Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tuesday's debate is townhall-style.
That's suppose to be where the people ask the questions. Candy , as moderator, is suppose to shut the candidates up when their time is up. Mark my words, Crawley won't be able to keep her snout out of it and will take over the questioning.

moreluck

golden ticket member
2vaglf4.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Opinion : I just watched some lady...Carol...didn't catch the last name, but says she was the first woman to do a townhall debate. I find myself yelling at the TV more & more these days.

She came right out and said the people ( that's me) will ask simple questions and not the probative questions that a professional news person might ask My first question would be about the dead guys in Libya on 9-11. Which turns out would be her first ??? too.

To underestimate the "people" is a big, big mistake !!! Trust me, we are paying attention and we don't give a damn whether he likes green or red peppers........that's what a 'so called' professional asked him! We wnt to hold candidates accountable.......they should fear OUR questions more.

M

MenInBrown

you know Obamas will just play ignorance that he didnt know which I think almost looks as bad as him admitting a failure.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Tuesday's debate is townhall-style.
That's suppose to be where the people ask the questions. Candy , as moderator, is suppose to shut the candidates up when their time is up. Mark my words, Crawley won't be able to keep her snout out of it and will take over the questioning.

Already happening listened for ten minutes on the radio only heard her ask questions. Then let Obama talk for a good 5 minutes and cut Romney off after two tops.

bbsam

Staff member
Already happening listened for ten minutes on the radio only heard her ask questions. Then let Obama talk for a good 5 minutes and cut Romney off after two tops.

Framing it already? Obama got his butt kicked in first debate and nobody blamed the moderator. Romney surged in the polls and nobody ran to find "unskewed polls". Interesting.

Nimnim

The Nim
This moderator isn't that great...both candidates are walking all over her...

My first impression of seeing the moderator was "she looks like a linebacker" then I thought the plan was to just have her tackle the candidates when they step out of line.

I've been disappointed.

BrownArmy

President Obama:

"Governor Romney, you're the last person who's going to get tough on China..."

Obama tries to get zingers, but they just sort of fall flat.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I dont blame the last mod for Obamas lackluster failure at the debate. but this one lets Obamas clock go red, and lets him blabber on. For 3 minutes one time, yes I own a clock.
Obama gets no zingers, he is a zinger. Now on to Libya, and the total failure of a commander in chief. Off to another fundraiser.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Framing it already? Obama got his butt kicked in first debate and nobody blamed the moderator. Romney surged in the polls and nobody ran to find "unskewed polls". Interesting.

First Obama got beat so bad u could blame no one but him. Second he got longer to talk in the first debate also. On the polls the only articles I saw about the polls had the Obama team quoted as saying well this other poll that has us closer is more accurate lol. Polls are crap we all know that unless it shows a double digit lead its usually within the margin of error that it could be flipped.

BrownArmy

Romney's saying he's going to label China a 'currency manipulator' on day-one of his potential administration.

I'm calling BS.