Progress made in the Third & Fourth Rounds of UPS Contract Negotiations

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Because without people working and getting their 40 hours the union is losing those pension credits. Am I miss understanding something here?
Pension credits are predicated on 1,801 straight time hours annually, not a 40 hour work week in the Central Region.
Maybe it's different where you are?

I would think that it would be economically advantageous to make all drivers work every day, in order to keep the lower seniority employees laid off, in order to limit the number employees they would have to make contributions for both pension and H&W?

Indecisi0n

Pension credits are predicated on 1,801 straight time hours annually, not a 40 hour work week in the Central Region.

I would think that it would be economically advantageous to make all drivers work every day, in order to keep the lower seniority employees laid off, in order to limit the number employees they would have to make contributions for both pension and H&W?
It's different here. If you work less than 40 hours in a work week you do not get a pension credit.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Either way. One punch a week is absurd. If you get hurt or sick, then you lose benefits? What’s the point then if they aren’t there when you need them? It needs to be fixed if they want my vote.
That's not true.
In those two instances you would still be covered under FMLA and short term disability.

Make they pay on all hours worked. That would fix a ton of problems, including cutting back too much on staffing.

Gimme Danger

Teamcare is run by the same folks who run the Central States Pension Fund, and you've seen how well that's going

While that is technically true, there is a big difference between a health fund and a pension fund, as far as administration goes.
I'll take a union-run Taft Hartley health plan over a company plan any day of the week. Our local has a great plan that is very well run all UPSers in the local are in (along with a bunch of other members from other workplaces).