puerto rican lives matter

MAKAVELI

I like that guy. She asked him a lot of very pointed questions and he answered them all with no hesitation. He seems to know what he's doing and what he's talking about.
He should know what he's doing. He's a general. Lol. My point in posting that video is to show just how bad this whole situation is. To think the mayor is playing political games with the peoples lives is horse :censored2:!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The majority of power pole/line collapses are the result of tree limbs/branches falling on the wires. The poles themselves can withstand a lot of abuse.

In your many years as a power company lineman and/or tree trimmer, this is what you learned?

Normally, yes, most power line failures are a result of falling trees/limbs. However, hurricane force winds will act on both the wires and the poles and bring them down.

Welcome back, but don't pontificate on thing you know nothing about.

Sportello

In your many years as a power company lineman and/or tree trimmer, this is what you learned?

Normally, yes, most power line failures are a result of falling trees/limbs. However, hurricane force winds will act on both the wires and the poles and bring them down.

Welcome back, but don't pontificate on thing you know nothing about.
What would he talk about, then?

Sportello

Yawn.
Tried treating you as a man. Go back to the kitchen.
Post your application to volunteer, and I’ll disappear for a month.

Don’t try to ‘treat me like a man’ unless you know for sure what you are in for.

Love the sexist touch. It ‘makes the man’, as they say.

I can call you a bitch, right? The president says it.

Bitch.

rickyb

AJ Vicens‏Verified account @AJVicens Sep 30

Here we are, 10 days since Hurricane Maria lashed Puerto Rico. Some updates: 95 percent of the people remain without power. (1/n)

DK-WAwIXkAIod09.jpg

rickyb

remember how quickly the government bailed out wall st?

btw i think they ruined Puerto rico with their fraudulent debt

i hope you dont have a problem with immigrants.

Last edited:

rickyb

so i think its going to be worse than katrina.

In Puerto Rico's "town of the forgotten," residents are desperate for FEMA to show up

Maldanado said that he had been promised things a satellite phone to stay in touch with the governor, but it never arrived. He told us that when he gets diesel fuel, which is very hard to obtain on the island right now, it gets stolen at night, and that he has only 14 municipal police and 24 Puerto Rican police to manage a town of nearly 19,000. He showed us the meals he says the National Guard gave him to distribute to residents seeking food. Each one-day ration comprised a small fruit cup, a 7.5-ounce can of Hormel Corned Beef Hash, four small cookies, and a pack of peanut butter and cheddar crackers.

We walked around to the next block, on a street called Dos Rios. Armando Fernández was in the street with half a dozen other people working to clear the mud. Most people’s belongings were piled into huge mounds in their front yards. Fernández said he works with the local public housing office, and he said 44 of 60 public housing units in this part of Ciales had suffered severe damage or been completely destroyed. He told us we were the first people from outside the neighborhood to come to the street asking people how they were getting by. He and his neighbors were more than willing to help the local government clear the mud, he said, if the government could just bring the machines to do it. He added that he and his friends were organizing to obtain their own fuel and equipment if the government couldn’t step up....

Fernández’s neighbor Saul Pagan told me that the mud—and everything inside it, from trash to dead animals—was a major public health hazard. “There are all sorts of bacteria and other stuff in there that can get on us,” he said.

On our way out of town, we visited a shelter for people who lost their homes near the Ciales city center. Marisol Vega, a doctor volunteering to help coordinate medical care at the shelter, told us that the local government did have some supplies to nourish the people, but that the bulk of the water and other items were donated by people in Ciales.

“It’s amazing,” she said. “The same community that’s down is the same community that donates.”