Random Facts

moreluck

golden ticket member
Almost everyday, I hear the "Sit & Sleep" commercials on TV. That guy says you have to get a new mattress because of all the skin shedding & sweating that humans do.

I listened carefully this time and I can't believe one of the facts(?). He says we sweat 10 oz. a night........that's more than a cup of sweat. What in the hell is everybody doing in bed that puts off 10 oz. of sweat each night??

If you sweat 10 oz. each night, you would wake up soaking wet !! He can't be serious!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK, what if you have a waterproof mattress pad ??? Supposedly, none of that moisture, shedding would ever reach the mattress.

DS

Fenderbender
Thank you my friend :) It looked bad this morning.I have an abscessed tooth and went to the hospital this morning.
They gave me some anti-biotics and some tylenol3's....I]ll see my real dentist Tues or Wed.
Ooky cooked up a turkey breast,mashed taters,cawwots and dressing.
I cant believe how fast the anti-biotics worked,swelling went down,and I feel alright.
I will attack it vewy soon.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Thank you my friend :) It looked bad this morning.I have an abscessed tooth and went to the hospital this morning.
They gave me some anti-biotics and some tylenol3's....I]ll see my real dentist Tues or Wed.
Ooky cooked up a turkey breast,mashed taters,cawwots and dressing.
I cant believe how fast the anti-biotics worked,swelling went down,and I feel alright.
I will attack it vewy soon.
Wow, nothing worse than tooth pain!!! Feel better and good luck at the dentist!

moreluck

golden ticket member
household hint : Non-messy way to grease pans

To grease cake pans, slip your hand into a Ziplock style sandwich bag, then use it as a glove to dip out shortening and spread inside pans. When finished, place your "gloved" hand on top of shortening so the plastic sticks to it and slide your (still clean) hand out. Leave the "grease glove" in place (for next time) and put the lid back on the shortening. One baggie will last many times and you'll never forget this tip because the baggie is there to remind you to use it when you open the can.

klein

Für Meno :)
Learned something new today : How we got the word "jumbo" as in jumbo-size:

Jumbo1St.jpg

Jumbo statue in St. Thomas, Ontario

Jumbo
(1861 – September 15, 1885) was a large African Bush Elephant, born 1861 in the French Sudan
The giant elephant's name has spawned the common word "jumbo", meaning large in size.

Jumbo died at a railroad classification yard in St. Thomas, Ontario, where he was hit and fatally wounded by a locomotive.

The elephant's fame turned its name into a household word, with "Jumbo size" meaning "very large".
The central character of Walt Disney's Dumbo was named after Jumbo (cruelly nicknamed within the story as "Dumbo").
A life-size statue of the elephant was erected in 1985 in St. Thomas to commemorate the centennial of the elephant's death. It is located on Talbot Street on the west side of the city.
Railway City Brewing Company in St. Thomas, Ontario brews the popular "Dead Elephant Ale" a richly hopped IPA devoted to Jumbo and St. Thomas's railway history.
In computer networking, Jumbo frames are Ethernet frames with more than 1500 bytes of payload.
Boeing's 747 Jumbo jet is another good usage.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/friend/f8/Jumbo04.dead.jpg
Jumbo after his collision with a locomotive on September 15, 1885 in St. Thomas, Ontario

moreluck

golden ticket member
Talk about efficiency............went to jury duty this morning in Beautiful Newport Beach. Was chosen for a criminal trial. We were dissmissed at 4:45 PM. ,both sides rested and we just have to deliberate tomorrow. Quick huh?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yeah, because those that whined,got off today but they have to schedule for a later date in Santa Ana..........yuck!

Learned something new today : How we got the word "jumbo" as in jumbo-size:

Jumbo1St.jpg

Jumbo statue in St. Thomas, Ontario

Jumbo
(1861 – September 15, 1885) was a large African Bush Elephant, born 1861 in the French Sudan
The giant elephant's name has spawned the common word "jumbo", meaning large in size.

Jumbo died at a railroad classification yard in St. Thomas, Ontario, where he was hit and fatally wounded by a locomotive.

The elephant's fame turned its name into a household word, with "Jumbo size" meaning "very large".
The central character of Walt Disney's Dumbo was named after Jumbo (cruelly nicknamed within the story as "Dumbo").
A life-size statue of the elephant was erected in 1985 in St. Thomas to commemorate the centennial of the elephant's death. It is located on Talbot Street on the west side of the city.
Railway City Brewing Company in St. Thomas, Ontario brews the popular "Dead Elephant Ale" a richly hopped IPA devoted to Jumbo and St. Thomas's railway history.
In computer networking, Jumbo frames are Ethernet frames with more than 1500 bytes of payload.
Boeing's 747 Jumbo jet is another good usage.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/friend/f8/Jumbo04.dead.jpg
Jumbo after his collision with a locomotive on September 15, 1885 in St. Thomas, Ontario

Moral of the story: Don`t let Canadians drive trains.