RPCD List

How far does your forced RPCD Saturday list go every week?

• 0-10

• 10-25

• 25-40

• 40-55

• 55 and above

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pullman Brown

This is probably more a problem for bigger hubs then small centers. Also, clarify if your BA waived the 25 percent language for 22.4’s.

GenericUsername

We have enough volunteers that come in Saturdays that they don't have to force. When they attempt to nobody shows up and we all file the same grievance, just with a different name at the bottom. It's like we're organized or something...who woulda thought it?

Pullman Brown

We have enough volunteers that come in Saturdays that they don't have to force. When they attempt to nobody shows up and we all file the same grievance, just with a different name at the bottom. It's like we're organized or something...who woulda thought it?

How many drivers in your center? How many Saturday routes do you run?

Pullman Brown

120+ FT RPCDs, 25 22.4s. 40 Saturday routes on a heavy week. Hell, I volunteered this past week and went out with less than 60 stops. I didn't even make it a half day, but at the same time made over $200.

My center is very similar but is running 46 Saturday routes with very few volunteers. There are more RPCDs working Saturday then 22.4s. It’s not managed well either.

Pullman Brown

What does the grievance say? Article 3 section 7?

GenericUsername

What does the grievance say? Article 3 section 7?
Southern Supplement, Article 58 Section 1.

(A) Work Week: The work week shall be five (5) consecutive days of eight (8) hours each or any four (4) days of ten (10) hours each, and the hours of work each day shall be worked in uninterrupted succession. The work week may be changed by the Employer from one to the other as operating conditions may demand, provided however, that the employee shall receive one (1) weeks’ notice of such contemplated change. The Employer may bid one (1) employee per Center to a work week of any five (5) out of seven (7) days. Such employee will be notified no later than the end of the shift as to his/her next work schedule or day off.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This is probably more a problem for bigger hubs then small centers. Also, clarify if your BA waived the 25 percent language for 22.4’s.
Another significant caveat is whether your center services all zip codes on Saturday.

In my Local between the biggest buildings, that makes all the difference in the world.

Sixth Punch Sense

100 total drivers and around 20 22.4's. We've been told that fully staffed would be 120 total drivers. But nobody wants to work. When we actually get a new driver they are just replacing the last person who quit. Also the volume isn't there. Once max vacations are gone we'll have 6-10 drivers be extras. Preload is understaffed due to the pay and college starting. So I wouldn't be surprised to see 22.4s used as preloaders.

Around 15 get forced every Saturday

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
100 total drivers and around 20 22.4's. We've been told that fully staffed would be 120 total drivers. But nobody wants to work. When we actually get a new driver they are just replacing the last person who quit. Also the volume isn't there. Once max vacations are gone we'll have 6-10 drivers be extras. Preload is understaffed due to the pay and college starting. So I wouldn't be surprised to see 22.4s used as preloaders.

Around 15 get forced every Saturday
25% of 100 RPCD's is.....25, so it sounds like your building is understaffed by 5% (or five 22.4's).

With that in mind I think the Company will have a hard time making attendance infractions stick for RPCD's who don't report on a sixth punch Saturday.

25% of 100 RPCD's is.....25, so it sounds like your building is understaffed by 5% (or five 22.4's).

With that in mind I think the Company will have a hard time making attendance infractions stick for RPCD's who don't report on a sixth punch Saturday.
Hopefully we can get that fixed next year.
Double time minimum for a six punch.

In strong language for somebody works 5 days and they try to force them on day number 6

GenericUsername

Sometimes you'll drop the plans and stand ground
I volunteered to come in for a few hours.

We all stand together in our center. Those of us who have an extra bill to pay or something going on, or just need a few extra bucks to line our pockets for something else will come in for a few hours here or there. Nothing wrong with that. If they start being D*s then nobody comes in and we stand our ground.

I volunteered to come in for a few hours.

We all stand together in our center. Those of us who have an extra bill to pay or something going on, or just need a few extra bucks to line our pockets for something else will come in for a few hours here or there. Nothing wrong with that. If they start being D*s then nobody comes in and we stand our ground.
I'm the same we fought hard for an 8 hour guarantee
We don't want to give them an inch to mess up the contract and that part-time workers and or PVD drivers.
That's all I'm saying