Serious question...

Ghost in the Darkness

Before we switched to the new diad, other drivers would take your diad if it had a strap. It would piss me off because I got used to carrying it by the strap. I didn't like the pouch and don't use one, it snags on everything. I started taking the strap off at the end of the day and put it back on in the morning... eventually that got old. I would stack the diad on the boxes and if it fell it fell....it had plenty of scars by the end.

trotsky

Before we switched to the new diad, other drivers would take your diad if it had a strap. It would piss me off because I got used to carrying it by the strap. I didn't like the pouch and don't use one, it snags on everything. I started taking the strap off at the end of the day and put it back on in the morning... eventually that got old. I would stack the diad on the boxes and if it fell it fell....it had plenty of scars by the end.
And it's nice to have to hang on hooks on a bathroom door instead of wrapping the pen cord around and hoping it holds. Never had a strap mess with the cradle so its a net loss for me.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
And it's nice to have to hang on hooks on a bathroom door instead of wrapping the pen cord around and hoping it holds. Never had a strap mess with the cradle so its a net loss for me.
Sounds like the guy who ends up with your diad after you is the one with the net loss.

GenericUsername

Because they get hung up in the cradle

Not only that but eventually they come unhooked while you're trying to work and then have to deal with it. And generally once it comes loose the first time there's no chance of keeping it from happening again as the hooks (or whatever the hell they're called) that keep the strap attached to the diad are loose.

Not only that but eventually they come unhooked while you're trying to work and then have to deal with it. And generally once it comes loose the first time there's no chance of keeping it from happening again as the hooks (or whatever the hell they're called) that keep the strap attached to the diad are loose.
I'm not happy I like my strap

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I don’t even know how to use the strap. All it’s good for is getting in the way when I smash my diad into the cradle 200 times a day.

PPH_over_9000

I got a strap for you...

But seriously it does drive me crazy
The DIAD V is not ergonomically designed to be held in your hand

???

DIAD V was super easy to use one-handed. Hell, you could even twirl 'em in one hand as you walked, you could flip it if you needed to with one hand, you could touch every button and every part of the screen with one hand. Also, it was a decent club in the event of a dog attack. The biggest weaknesses it had revolved around the cradle. They've managed to fix that issue and I've yet to encounter a DIAD 6 cradle that didn't work, but they've swapped problems and now if you don't have AT&T coverage in a particular area then your DIAD's effectively useless until you do. It's also really nice when your scanner just stops working for no reason and prompts you to restart, then you do and the scanner.... still doesn't work.

(If you can't tell, I've been really missing the old DIADs these past few weeks.)

???

DIAD V was super easy to use one-handed. Hell, you could even twirl 'em in one hand as you walked, you could flip it if you needed to with one hand, you could touch every button and every part of the screen with one hand. Also, it was a decent club in the event of a dog attack. The biggest weaknesses it had revolved around the cradle. They've managed to fix that issue and I've yet to encounter a DIAD 6 cradle that didn't work, but they've swapped problems and now if you don't have AT&T coverage in a particular area then your DIAD's effectively useless until you do. It's also really nice when your scanner just stops working for no reason and prompts you to restart, then you do and the scanner.... still doesn't work.

(If you can't tell, I've been really missing the old DIADs these past few weeks.)
I think next month or the month after we're getting a new one so I cannot wait...

Sarcastically saying

RMR46

Why are the straps gone from 99% of the diads. Noone has an answer for me.
There cut in first day they don't charge right in diad holder. But with the new one you will have no worries. You will either cut the strap or run the diad over.

ManInBrown

That pouch was the worst. I hooked that plastic piece on my belt and hooked the diad to that. You couldn’t sit in the drivers seat with the pouch on.

Benjamin Henry

Diapers used to have straps but they were removed. Reason being straps were considered to be a hassle and inconvenient for the baby and for the parent. Although it might take some getting used to with the new diapers, it is still better than having to deal with the straps. The new diapers are also smaller, so they fit better and make it easier for the baby to run around.