Shooting in Phoenix

UPSER1987

Both were new PT hires under 70 days, shooting happened inside a car in the Employee parking lot maybe 150ft from the guard shack and guards did not hear the shot. The 17 yr old, assumedly, was handling/messing with the gun which may have belonged to the 21 yr old and didn't know it was loaded. Still nothing from the Company and no follow up in the news.

Anyone who actively and publicly expresses the desire to shoot and kill someone, justifiably or not, is exactly the kind of person mentally unfit to possess firearms. Any sane, mentally healthy person would not want that weight on their shoulders as "you take away all a Man has and all he's ever going to have".
I still don’t get your point... If there is no follow up in the news, you expect the company to comment on an unknown situation? This kind of crap happens all the time...you’re not going to hear about every situation in the news. And it would be unwise for the company to comment.
I swear people really believe UPS is a baby sitting service.

UPSER1987

"Safety tip for the day: don't get shot in the parking lot, guys, it's not worth it. The most important stop of your day is when you get home to your family safely, can't do that if you're bleeding out in the parking lot."
What if you get shot at on the way home? Should UPS comment on that too? Lol

I still don’t get your point... If there is no follow up in the news, you expect the company to comment on an unknown situation? This kind of crap happens all the time...you’re not going to hear about every situation in the news. And it would be unwise for the company to comment.
There have been 8 other murders a UPS hubs across the country. UPS has a policy "it can't happen here", What happens on UPS property creates a legal liability for UPS and the employee. That is a foolish response " what if you get shot on the way home" it happen again on UPS property. a UPS management employee has told me me "I can not talk about that". I was told by lost prevention supervisor a gun was seen inside the hub. UPS management shut down that story.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Do you work in Phoenix? If so are you assigned to work under a rock? We have had employees threatened that they will be shot here. Maryvale is the #1 "shots fired" precinct in Arizona. We have been sent notifications before of police situations near the building and told to change travel paths or stay away until they are resolved. The Company has very high definition cameras all over the building and that lot, I've seen the quality first hand. At a minimum employees should be officially notified when there is a shooting on Company property not by the rumor mill. We have the right to a safe workplace, including our parking lots, and UPS has a responsibility to notify us of any situation that may place anyone at risk. That's not babysitting. By your logic if UPS got a bomb threat they should just keep it to themselves.

UPSER1987

Do you work in Phoenix? If so are you assigned to work under a rock? We have had employees threatened that they will be shot here. Maryvale is the #1 "shots fired" precinct in Arizona. We have been sent notifications before of police situations near the building and told to change travel paths or stay away until they are resolved. The Company has very high definition cameras all over the building and that lot, I've seen the quality first hand. At a minimum employees should be officially notified when there is a shooting on Company property not by the rumor mill. We have the right to a safe workplace, including our parking lots, and UPS has a responsibility to notify us of any situation that may place anyone at risk. That's not babysitting. By your logic if UPS got a bomb threat they should just keep it to themselves.
I do work in Phoenix and you are being over the top dramatic. Let’s pump the brakes a bit.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
We believe it's a babysitting service. That's how it's run. The company (you) poops their pants and the union spanks them. We work together.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I'm sure the safety committee met the day after. The pcm the following mornning was "Expect the unexpected". @Integrity would agree that the safety of the employees is number one. Especially the management. Then the hourlies.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I do work in Phoenix and you are being over the top dramatic. Let’s pump the brakes a bit.
If you knew me you would know I can back up everything I claim. I pointed out the logical extension of your thinking and I'm sorry if you don't like it. Ask any seasoned Feeder dispatcher about the drawer of bullets.

...dead body in our parking lot and I'm being dramatic SMH.

UPSER1987

If you knew me you would know I can back up everything I claim. I pointed out the logical extension of your thinking and I'm sorry if you don't like it. Ask any seasoned Feeder dispatcher about the drawer of bullets.

...dead body in our parking lot and I'm being dramatic SMH.
I guess the sky really is falling in the Phoenix feeder department. Lol