Storming the Capitol

BeefiestMass

What?! LOL
BLm is just an racially based anti-police brutality movement. I think it's still predominantly left-wing, but not overwhelmingly so. A lot of mainstream liberals in there.
Antifa is a tactic and is inherently Leftist. There is no one doing Antifa stuff who isn't a Leftist. Plenty of people doing Leftist stuff that aren't Antifa, though. Again Antifa is mostly a game Anarchists play, esp in this country

Last edited:

BeefiestMass

So maybe BLMers were present in large numbers at the Capitol on January 6?
Anything's possible, but I don't see why they'd be there. Typically they just show up re race based police brutality. Plus they're all leftists and liberals, they're not organized enough for anything sneaky and/or productive.

Box Ox

Anything's possible, but I don't see why they'd be there. Typically they just show up re race based police brutality. Plus they're all leftists and liberals, they're not organized enough for anything sneaky and/or productive.

I think it’s strange to try and distinguish between leftists and liberals.

897BD4B8-7119-429A-9ABF-5FE56B2A7DD2.jpeg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

"One of the key consensus points among the FBI-DOJ and the regime media is the idea that, while 1/6 is primarily the fault of Trump-supporting QAnon-infused 'domestic terrorists,' it is secondarily the fault of so-called 'intelligence failures.'
Klobuchar’s own question at the March 2, 2021 FBI hearing (above) reinforces this 'intelligence failure' narrative, but she is not alone. A five-month 'bipartisan' Senate investigation recently arrived at the very same 'intelligence failure' narrative to explain the breach of the Capitol and associated events on 1/6:
A bipartisan Senate investigation of the deadly Jan. 6 insurrection found security and intelligence failures at every level of government that led to the breach of the Capitol by a pro-Trump mob as lawmakers in a joint session were certifying the 2020 election.
The 95-page report, a product of a roughly five-month, joint probe by the Senate Homeland Security and Rules Committees, found significant breakdowns ranging 'from federal intelligence agencies failing to warn of a potential for violence to a lack of planning and preparation by (U.S. Capitol Police) and law enforcement leadership.' There was no overall operational or staffing plan for that fateful day, a total failure of leadership, according to the committees.
"
Wait, I thought Congress hasn't investigated this yet. I guess 5 months of a bipartisan Senate investigation isn't an investigation.

"Here it is useful to draw a distinction between two discrete categories of participants in the so-called Capitol Siege.

The first category is the group of mostly harmless tourists who walked through already opened doors and already-removed barricades, and at most were guilty of minor trespassing charges and light property offenses. The second group consists of those who were violent with police officers, broke down barricades, smashed windows, belonged to a “militia” group engaged in military-style planning prior to the event, discussed transporting heavy weaponry, and so forth.

Up until now, the overwhelming (perhaps exclusive) share of counter-establishment reporting on 1/6 has focused on absolving the first group. And this is a valuable thing. The notion that these harmless “MAGA moms” wandering around the Capitol were domestic terrorists engaged in an insurrection is absurd. That many of these people are being held in prison, without bail, under harsh conditions, amounts to an unacceptable and outrageous abuse of basic human rights."

SMH

images (5).jpeg

Except this time they didn't foil their terror plot. Kinda makes you wonder why.

oldngray

nowhere special
Why bother? Everyone has their own idea of what all the terms mean, to the point that they're meaningless.
What is funny is so many of the leftists claim they are centrists or moderates. They surround themselves with nothing but liberals and think anyone even slightly to their right are far right extremists.

BeefiestMass

I think it’s strange to try and distinguish between leftists and liberals.

View attachment 341007
It's not at all, it's just reality. Liberalism is based on completely different things than most Leftist ideologies. It can be left-wing or right-wing, but it's limited in how far in either direction it can go.

Tbh Liberal isn't a very useful term in the US bc it's the predominant ideology. Democrats, Libertarians, and most Republicans are all Liberals. We have now and always have had a Liberal economic and political system here.

BeefiestMass

What is funny is so many of the leftists claim they are centrists or moderates. They surround themselves with nothing but liberals and think anyone even slightly to their right are far right extremists.
Leftists don't hesitate to tell you they are Leftists. Right-wing extremists don't hesitate to tell you they're right-wing extremists. So I half agree. I can't stand :censored2: like calling everyone fascists or communists. People who do that are wrong 100% of the time.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
It's not at all, it's just reality. Liberalism is based on completely different things than most Leftist ideologies. It can be left-wing or right-wing, but it's limited in how far in either direction it can go.

Tbh Liberal isn't a very useful term in the US bc it's the predominant ideology. Democrats, Libertarians, and most Republicans are all Liberals. We have now and always have had a Liberal economic and political system here.
Many liberals try to rebrand themselves as "progressives". Still same philosophies.

BeefiestMass

Many liberals try to rebrand themselves as "progressives". Still same philosophies.
That's not true either! Progressivism also has a distinct meaning--and it's *considerably* further left than mainstream Democrats. But many of the liberals who do try that rebranding don't know that, they're just self-hating Liberals.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

The thing is, I consider myself aligned with conservative values, but if this were 1776, I would be considered a liberal.

Anyone who thinks individual liberty can be stolen in small chunks by commitee, or all at once by force or coercion, are in favor of tyranny, whether the source of tyranny be government or private enterprise. It's a mistake believe that private tyranny is any better than public.

As such, the only useful distinction is between people who favor concentrated power and those who favor individual liberty. Those are the two polar opposites that cannot be reconciled. Anyone considering themselves moderate would be for balancing the interests of power and the interests of individual liberty. On that spectrum I find myself somewhere between the middle and unbridled individual liberty. Everything else, conservative-liberal, left-right, public-private, race, class, gender, it's all meant to confuse, distract and divide while those inclined to concentrate power into their own hands go about their business with little resistance.

vantexan

Leftists don't hesitate to tell you they are Leftists. Right-wing extremists don't hesitate to tell you they're right-wing extremists. So I half agree. I can't stand * like calling everyone fascists or communists. People who do that are wrong 100% of the time.
Just go with Marxists and be happy.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Political spectrum wise, left, right, center, yes, it's very relative and there's not much point. But ideologies like Liberalism and Anarchism have real meanings.

But no one understands them and uses terms as they see fit. And even the definitions of ideologies have a certain level of subjectivity to them.