Storming the Capitol

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
1624309866906.png

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
@zubenelgenubi

Is this the article?

He’s best known as Hillary Clinton’s campaign lawyer who paid for the salacious Steele Dossier in 2016, and for leading the still-controversial 2008 Minnesota Senate recount that ended with Al Franken overtaking Republican Norm Coleman — giving Democrats the 60-seat majority they needed to pass the Affordable Care Act.

He also is the architect of the 2020 Democratic legal strategy that has involved filing dozens of lawsuits across the country challenging state election laws.

Since 2019, Perkins Coie has been paid at least $41 million for its political work by Democratic-affiliated organizations, according to Federal Election Commission records. Republican lawyers say that is likely just a fraction of what Perkins Coie has received

Sportello

He’s best known as Hillary Clinton’s campaign lawyer who paid for the salacious Steele Dossier in 2016, and for leading the still-controversial 2008 Minnesota Senate recount that ended with Al Franken overtaking Republican Norm Coleman — giving Democrats the 60-seat majority they needed to pass the Affordable Care Act.

He also is the architect of the 2020 Democratic legal strategy that has involved filing dozens of lawsuits across the country challenging state election laws.

Since 2019, Perkins Coie has been paid at least $41 million for its political work by Democratic-affiliated organizations, according to Federal Election Commission records. Republican lawyers say that is likely just a fraction of what Perkins Coie has received
That is not the Time.com article. I'm not reading The National Review. It is as reliable as RT.com.

Also it sucks that you can't hire good lawyers, maybe @floridays is available, Oh wait, he's not a real lawyer.

bbsam

Staff member

Sounds a lot like what the republicans and Team Trump have been trying to do except they aren’t very good at it.

nkm

Optimistically pessimistic
As heinous a crime as that is, it pales in comparison with January 6, 2021.
January 6, 2021 was the worst day, so far, in our experiment as a republic.
This is a dumb comment; there's a number of times throughout our history where we've had worse days (or years) as a nation compared to the Capitol riot. The Civil War, the OKC bombing, 9/11, Snowden leaks, CIA torture revelations, etc. There were only very isolated incidents of violence, no one actually attempted to kill Nancy Pelosi, no one tried starting a revolutionary war, almost everyone left peacefully, etc. It was a demonstration as American as any other.

nkm

Optimistically pessimistic
As heinous a crime as that is, it pales in comparison with January 6, 2021.
January 6, 2021 was the worst day, so far, in our experiment as a republic.
I'm guessing you haven't actually viewed real raw footage of any of the riots in Portland over the last many months. Here and here you go. I don't remember anyone at the Capitol trying to burn it down or turn it into a free-for-all hostel.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
This is a dumb comment; there's a number of times throughout our history where we've had worse days (or years) as a nation compared to the Capitol riot. The Civil War, the OKC bombing, 9/11, Snowden leaks, CIA torture revelations, etc. There were only very isolated incidents of violence, no one actually attempted to kill Nancy Pelosi, no one tried starting a revolutionary war, almost everyone left peacefully, etc. It was a demonstration as American as any other.
Not if you're a high strung liberal. They're very unstable.

El Correcto

god is dead
That is not the Time.com article. I'm not reading The National Review. It is as reliable as RT.com.

Also it sucks that you can't hire good lawyers, maybe @floridays is available, Oh wait, he's not a real lawyer.
No wonder you are so uninformed. I’ll read your stupid commie papers and go off on a tangent of why I disagree. It’s part of the process lady.