Stupid arguments about the Ground business model

floridays

The harder he continues to try to push his fallacy and false narrative the harder the push back. He doesn't even have Ground itself helping him to push that narrative. Ground make it abundantly clear early on that it was NOT in the business of creating equity and building enterprises for third party individuals .

If Ground had to provide contractors with a level of autonomy and power sufficient to make them true independent businessmen the operation would collapse in a matter of months.

When I described the experience as "this is when you start, this is when you stop, this is what you drive, this is what you wear, this is where you go, this is how you do it....that was no exaggeration. The fact that FXG's DOT numbers are on the side of the truck and the only thing going in it is FXG boxes no measurable or discernable level of operational independence exists.....And Ground will see to it that it never does.
The single question this person @It will be fine will not answer is:

If your contract is dissolved tomorrow, exactly what is the reality of your "business?"

The reality is, no accounts to service, accounts payable remain, bankruptcy if assets cannot cover obligations, we're just starting.

No surviving business.

Congratulations on your "business" @It will be fine, you've placed all of your "business* eggs in one green and orange basket.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

If your contract is dissolved tomorrow, exactly what is the reality of your "business?"

The reality is, no accounts to service, accounts payable remain, bankruptcy if assets cannot cover obligations, we're just starting.

No surviving business.
Unfortunately, his ‘business’ plan is not unique in America. There are myriad businesses that exist to service a single customer.

bacha29

In your fantasy description who do you imagine saying these things? It’s not at all reality.
As for the DOT number there are literally reams of federal regulations outlining the conditions for independent operators leasing their equipment to motor carriers. It’s a bedrock business arrangement of the entire transportation industry.
Right. You're simply reaffirming the cold reality . Fat Freddy's DOT....Fat Freddy's boxes.... It's his way or your last day. So tell me, just exactly what can you do to balance the scales? The services you have to offer are readily available and you are easily replaceable. Made even easier by the fact that there's not a single term or condition in that unilaterally drafted and implemented contract that's binding upon the company.

It will be fine

Right. You're simply reaffirming the cold reality . Fat Freddy's DOT....Fat Freddy's boxes.... It's his way or your last day. So tell me, just exactly what can you do to balance the scales? The services you have to offer are readily available and you are easily replaceable. Made even easier by the fact that there's not a single term or condition in that unilaterally drafted and implemented contract that's binding upon the company.
Balance the scales with my customer? What do you even imagine that being?
I appreciate your acceptance of the thread, this is an incredibly stupid argument to make.

bacha29

Balance the scales with my customer? What do you even imagine that being?
I appreciate your acceptance of the thread, this is an incredibly stupid argument to make.
Fat Freddy you're "customer" huh ? (lol) You handle property your "customer" owns in a building your "customer" owns and under operating authorities and permits your customer owns. The balanced free will exchange of value simply doesn't exist in your case.

It will be fine

Fat Freddy you're "customer" huh ? (lol) You handle property your "customer" owns in a building your "customer" owns and under operating authorities and permits your customer owns. The balanced free will exchange of value simply doesn't exist in your case.
My customer pays me to pickup and deliver packages. I lease my equipment under their motor carrier authority, a standard practice. Where are you getting lost?

AB831

No surviving business.

Congratulations on your "business" @It will be fine, you've placed all of your "business* eggs in one green and orange basket.
He created a special thread so he could pound his chest and now the whole board is mocking him. Do you really think he's actually going to give everyone the satisfaction of seeing him admit what they already know?

It will be fine

He created a special thread so he could pound his chest and now the whole board is mocking him. Do you really think he's actually going to give everyone the satisfaction of seeing him admit what they already know?
I created a thread to contain your idiotic comments about the Ground business model. It seems to be working, except you don’t even present stupid arguments. You just repeat your ignorant belief.

AB831

I created a thread to contain your idiotic comments about the Ground business model. It seems to be working, except you don’t even present stupid arguments. You just repeat your ignorant belief.
Okay. Then please explain how you own your own business. The floor is yours. Set everyone straight

floridays

That would be like explaining how I own my house. It’s just a fact, there’s nothing to explain. Where are you getting lost?
Most likely you own a mortgage, that gives you a right to make monthly payments or get thrown out on your ass after foreclosure.

If you can produce the deed, I'll stand corrected.