Supervisor complaint - funny story

Unloader

So my girlfriend was due to give birth. I told my supervisor the week before I plan on taking the week off just in case anything happened I would be around. He tells me everything will be okay. So I figure, cool. I don't need to come in or check in EVERY DAY to let him know I'm NOT coming in as we spoke about. So my girlfriend gives birth on a Thursday. I come back in Monday. I get screamed at threatened, get told I'll be fired. I respond with "Cool, get my Shop Stewart. In the mean time, I'll go unload a truck" He comes back with his boss claiming I threatened him. Again, I responded with "Cool, get my Shop Stewart" The said, "Never mind. Ill get him myself"

I explained the situation about asking for the time off, my supervisor told them I never told him, I no call - no showed for a week straight and deserve to be fired.

Now I've been working there for close to 6 years. I responded with "Fired? You mean get unemployment for a bit while I get to relax my body after doing this grueling job for six years. Yes, please fire me 4 days after I had my first child so I can spend more time at home. No problem"

Sadly, they told me get my ass back to work. I was SOOO close to the promised land.

Does anyone else have any stories like this?

Box Ox

I just searched BC using the term “baby FMLA” and found a helpful post by @FrigidFTSup from last year on how this can be handled.

Just put a guy on FMLA last week because his wife was having a baby.

Me:Hi need to put <insert driver name> on FMLA since his wife is having a baby.
HR:What's his employee ID and start date and anticipated return?
Me:1234567 start date today, anticipated return May 23rd.
HR:Are you able to confirm his leave is legitimate?
Me:Yes.
HR:Okay he is all set.
*Click*

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I just searched BC using the term “baby FMLA” and found a helpful post by @FrigidFTSup from last year on how this can be handled.
6D07D018-8D86-4F12-AD61-F2E2559F479D.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So my girlfriend was due to give birth. I told my supervisor the week before I plan on taking the week off just in case anything happened I would be around. He tells me everything will be okay. So I figure, cool. I don't need to come in or check in EVERY DAY to let him know I'm NOT coming in as we spoke about. So my girlfriend gives birth on a Thursday. I come back in Monday. I get screamed at threatened, get told I'll be fired. I respond with "Cool, get my Shop Stewart. In the mean time, I'll go unload a truck" He comes back with his boss claiming I threatened him. Again, I responded with "Cool, get my Shop Stewart" The said, "Never mind. Ill get him myself"

I explained the situation about asking for the time off, my supervisor told them I never told him, I no call - no showed for a week straight and deserve to be fired.

Now I've been working there for close to 6 years. I responded with "Fired? You mean get unemployment for a bit while I get to relax my body after doing this grueling job for six years. Yes, please fire me 4 days after I had my first child so I can spend more time at home. No problem"

Sadly, they told me get my ass back to work. I was SOOO close to the promised land.

Sounds like you should of been fired.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Yeah that would have been awsome. Get fired ,lose all your insurance right after having a new baby....because you never have to take a newborn to the doctor
Wee doggies, what a knee slapper

Over 70

Who knows maybe his wife has just as good or better insurance and a 6 year unloader doesn't make Jack squat anyway. Walk down the street and can probably make more.

Lesson learned original poster, get it in writing next time.