The Express employee massacre continues.

Gone fishin

Maybe they can, maybe they can’t. At straight Ground rates, you’ll see more of the same. Y’all see it at Express as well.

Word on the street is that Mr. Smith will no longer be in charge on Pittsburgh. That may have a profound effect on how the company/contractor relationship progresses.
Smith is gone , that’s why Raj will be the fall guy for Fedex’s failure. He doesn’t want to tarnish his legacy. He doesn’t understand it’s to late , but he made his billions so that’s ok

bbsam

Staff member
Until you are personally held financially accountable.

Get back to us when that happens.
I doubt that we will. That kind of thing used to happen when bonuses were a thing. Now there’s just bitching from station management.

And it’s a crazy time. FedEx (and some here) seem to think all the problems with contractors walking have been solved. It hasn’t. We simply don’t have the volume we had before. Bring that on without significant compensation and the exodus will begin anew.

Yep. It’s all about the Benjamins. It’s not pride or brand or some stupid Purple Promise crap. If the money’s good, it can happen. If they simply wanna pocket all the savings and pistol whip the help, it’ll fall apart. There’s nothing magical, no special formula. Just money.

bbsam

Staff member
Smith is gone , that’s why Raj will be the fall guy for Fedex’s failure. He doesn’t want to tarnish his legacy. He doesn’t understand it’s to late , but he made his billions so that’s ok
Wrong Smith.

1681447247190.jpeg

John Smith. CEO of Ground.

MAKAVELI

Express hasn’t been hitting their time commitments for years. Ground folks know how to manipulate exception codes as well. 🤣
Drivers don't manipulate exception codes. That's a management thing. For the most part, the drivers do the best they can for the customer under the circumstances.

bbsam

Staff member
Drivers don't manipulate exception codes. That's a management thing. For the most part, the drivers do the best they can for the customer under the circumstances.
Drivers do as they are told. Contractors can tell when management is being hounded about service. There’s a squishy line that moves on a sliding scale that determines the sanctity of integrity in terms of exception codes.

MAKAVELI

Drivers do as they are told. Contractors can tell when management is being hounded about service. There’s a squishy line that moves on a sliding scale that determines the sanctity of integrity in terms of exception codes.
That's not how it works at Express. We Van Scan the freight to our truck and do a delivery scan when we attempt the delivery. Any other scans to hide a late is done by management. That's the beauty of being an employee. As long as we don't falsify there's nothing they can do to discipline us for a late as long as we follow procedures.

lilwizbiz

Point being if you can’t get it there in days how can you expect to in hours
another thing with this letter is I noticed they must work until July to get the severance? I'm willing to bet nobody's getting laid off, who the hell puts a condition on a layoff notice lmao. "We going to lay you off but you must work another 4 months". These guys jumping through every imaginable hoop to not pay that severance. These guys are cheap bro they gonna find a way to keep them employed. I guarantee they were thinking let's scare them with this BS letter hoping they leave and these couriers were probably like nah effff you I ain't leaving you're paying me that severance. I know couriers and their attitudes.

lilwizbiz

Sure you could, but at the cost of service. Until your guys are running around like a bunch of 🐓. Getting paid peanuts compared to UPS and quitting left and right, you'll never get it.
Pay attention the condition that they gotta work until July to get the severance. Fishy. Go try giving this letter to a station with 200+ drivers, I'd love to see them even attempt that. That takes real balls. Does fedex have balls like that? No they don't.

Lates

Pay attention the condition that they gotta work until July to get the severance. Fishy. Go try giving this letter to a station with 200+ drivers, I'd love to see them even attempt that. That takes real balls. Does fedex have balls like that? No they don't.
They don’t have to offer any severance I’d rather find another job then wait till the end. Most places they don’t even have to give you notice you are being laid off till the day of. How would staying till the end feel if you think it’s isn’t real it be hard to swallow that dose of reality when you come in Monday for a job you no longer have.

lilwizbiz

They don’t have to offer any severance I’d rather find another job then wait till the end. Most places they don’t even have to give you notice you are being laid off till the day of. How would staying till the end feel if you think it’s isn’t real it be hard to swallow that dose of reality when you come in Monday for a job you no longer have.
99% of places don't tell you to keep working for 4 months until you're laid off just to get the severance. That tells me they're just covering their and they really don't have an intention of laying anyone off because if you really think you don't need these people then just lay them off why you waiting 4 months? Something smells off.

MAKAVELI

I believe it's because they don't want the drivers walking off come the following week. They know they have to have a carrot to keep most of them until they can make the switch. You're right though, they don't have the balls to do this in a big station where at least half the drivers would walk the next day.