The NBA Game of Today

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I haven't watched much NBA basketball in years because IMO it has really gone downhill. But since my grown son is such a fan I watched the 7th game of the Celtics game and the 7th game last night with Houston.

I can not believe how devolved the game has become. I grew up with the Celtics of the 60's and was a huge fan thru the 70's and 80's. Then became interested again with Michael Jordan in the 90's.

Lost interest after that because it seems the games became boring.

They need to get rid of the 3 point shot. That is obvious after watching these last 2 games.

The last 5 minutes of playing time of every game takes 30 minutes because of all the foul shots and time outs.

They need to change some rules to quicken the game and make it more of a fast break game like it used to be.

To me the games are just unwatchable. It's a shame. Just watch some you tube videos on how the game used to be played and how exciting it could be.

FUH

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
and this talk of Lebron James being the GOAT is just stupid. Ya, maybe the best of the last decade but not even in the top 20 in NBA history.

Russell , Chamberlain, Jordan, Maravich, West , Bird , Havlicek , and a couple dozen others easily come to mind on being better than James.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
and this talk of Lebron James being the GOAT is just stupid. Ya, maybe the best of the last decade but not even in the top 20 in NBA history.

Russell , Chamberlain, Jordan, Maravich, West , Bird , Havlicek , and a couple dozen others easily come to mind on being better than James.
I'm not a huge fan of lebron but lmao you're insane to say he isn't top 20

oldngray

nowhere special
LeBron is a complete player. Not just a scorer. No way he's as graceful as Jordan but he still dominates games in his own style.

Brownslave688

LeBron is a complete player. Not just a scorer. No way he's as graceful as Jordan but he still dominates games in his own style.
The most frustrating part for me is he dominates when he wants to.

He should have no problem being a lock down defender also but only plays defense when he wants

MAKAVELI

The most frustrating part for me is he dominates when he wants to.

He should have no problem being a lock down defender also but only plays defense when he wants
That's because it takes a lot more energy to play defense and offense the way Jordan did. That's why Jordan is the GOAT.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I'll give you top 5 but Jordan is #1.
2090B049-25C8-4101-833A-EE33B8F1E159.gif

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
other than the aforementioned......

Kareem
Magic
Olajuwon
Dr. J
Oscar Robertson
Elgin Baylor
Bob Cousy
George Mikan
Elvin hayes

the list can go on......

all better than James. I already admitted that he is the best of the last decade. but goat??? come on people.

FUH

Brownslave688

other than the aforementioned......

Kareem
Magic
Olajuwon
Dr. J
Oscar Robertson
Elgin Baylor
Bob Cousy
George Mikan
Elvin hayes

the list can go on......

all better than James. I already admitted that he is the best of the last decade. but goat??? come on people.

FUH
George mikan and Bob Cousy. Lmfao sure

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Bill Russell is the number winner of all time in sports.

not only did he win a National Championship Title in college but has 11 NBA titles in 13 seasons . One even as head coach.

James could not even making the starting line up for the 60's Celtics.