The Purple Pulse

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I hear that alot. I never go in except for 1 man I deliver to that is in a wheelchair.

I had one elderly gentleman who used to get CODs and did not know how to right a check. I was somewhat taken aback the first time that he asked me to write it for him. I tried to teach him but he didn't want to learn and it was much easier just to do it myself.

Oldfart

I had one elderly gentleman who used to get CODs and did not know how to right a check. I was somewhat taken aback the first time that he asked me to write it for him. I tried to teach him but he didn't want to learn and it was much easier just to do it myself.
I once had a truck driver at a truck stop give me a letter to pick up. I gave him the airbill to fill out. He asked me to fill it out. I explained that I didn't like to because I didn't want to be blamed if the address was incorrect. He kept asking and I kept declining. After a few minutes of back and forth, he finally admitted that he didn't know how to write. I felt bad and I know he hated to tell me that. I filled it out after that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I once had a truck driver at a truck stop give me a letter to pick up. I gave him the airbill to fill out. He asked me to fill it out. I explained that I didn't like to because I didn't want to be blamed if the address was incorrect. He kept asking and I kept declining. After a few minutes of back and forth, he finally admitted that he didn't know how to write. I felt bad and I know he hated to tell me that. I filled it out after that.

ASD's we get from truck drivers tend to be either incomplete or improperly filled out.

whenIgetthere

"Stop, drop and roll."

I had a resi delivery this past week where I knocked on the door and could hear both the husband and wife yelling "come in" as I was making my way back to the pkg car.

I rarely, if ever, will cross the threshold------the only exception would be for an irreg going to an elderly or infirm person. Even then, I only go in far enough to get the package away from the swing of the door.

I only cross the threshold for one resi, he keeps his door open, when I knock, he asks me to bring the package in. He is always in the front room watching TV. Lost both his legs in Afghanistan..

DeliveryException

Customers who get a 2Day AM pkg the very next day at 1500 in the afternoon and complain that it's late.
When we get those 2day AM packages a day early, they still show in DRA as 1030 commit and Senior has said when asked, to follow the yellow sticker commit time. I guess, even though it's a day early, if not done when DRA says it comes up on a report somewhere.

Oldfart

When we get those 2day AM packages a day early, they still show in DRA as 1030 commit and Senior has said when asked, to follow the yellow sticker commit time. I guess, even though it's a day early, if not done when DRA says it comes up on a report somewhere.
They keep telling us to not deliver them until the commitment day. If I get it, I deliver it. By 1030 if possible, whenever if not

MassWineGuy

Unless I'm placing a package just inside the door I never go inside a residence. Who knows what their mental state might be? They could claim I assaulted them or worse. I also don't fill out labels. I could be blamed for a wrong address. And it's not my job. If someone were illiterate I'd advise them to call a friend or relative to help them. Cold hearted, perhaps, but I'm just covering myself.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Odd, we were told that delivering them early, just like appointment deliveries, was an automatic service failure.

SmithBarney

I hear that alot. I never go in except for 1 man I deliver to that is in a wheelchair.

Same here, We've had customers "sue" because the driver put the package on a wood floor and scratched it, or left a foot print on the carpet, or bumped a rare Ming Vase when they walked out the door...

Not worth it, I tell them FedEx Insurance prohibits us from entering a home.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member

Yup, sometimes if ya want something done write, ya just gotta do it yourself!